bleached blonde hair help

Options
Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
hey ladies! I just bleached my hair and now its pretttyyy dry and im so paranoid that its going to break off, I'm kinda tight on funds so i cant really go out and spend 50 bucks on a really good conditioner. I just bought bought some loreal deep conditioning stuff but was wondering if there were any other bleach blonde babes that had some tips on how to repair bleached hair.

Replies

• VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I bleached my hair when I was younger, It ruined it.
    My advice would be to have the knackered ends cut off, stop bleaching it and try to use organic shampoos and conditioners.
    Each to their own though :drinker:
  • Ashley1392
    Ashley1392 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my hair was ruined when I basically had it bleached :/. I can't think of any cheap way to protect other than not washing your hair everyday, try to wait 2-3 days between using shampoo. That way your hair's oil could help with the dryness (and it will start to regulate the oil after a few weeks). But I'm certainly no professional.
  • durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've bleached and dyed my hair so many times I can't even count. Just make sure you thoroughly condition it, try not to overwash your hair (every 2 days is best) and let it dry naturally if you can. It should feel normal again in a couple of weeks.
    My hair's been fine after bleaching once from dark brown, but just don't do it twice in a row with no break, my hair LITERALLY fell out once when I did that, I had to get a very short bob cut...
  • MsBobLoblaw
    MsBobLoblaw Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I had my hair bleached before (going from very dark brown), and I didn't experience much damage at all. I followed my stylist's advice of using a deep conditioning treatment weekly, never brushing my hair when it was wet, washing every other day, and staying away from heat styling (blow dryer, curling iron) as much as possible.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Cosmetic oils are pretty cheap (some) and do wonders to hair.
    Coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil and even castor oil can help your hair.

And egg yolks... another cheap natural remedy.

You can find many inexpensive homemade hair masks that just do way better than any cosmetic store product.
  • varamanna
    varamanna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty good product and it costs about 16€ at least in Estonia. It helps your hair to get strong and healthy again!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XNY_fgTdS9k/TS-qfjkyPlI/AAAAAAAAHZ4/weJhjQDHz2g/s1600/037.jpg
  • crazylesty07
    Options
    Use a deep conditioning treatment a few times a week or leave conditioner in your lengths during the day or at night (with a cap on). Additionally, if you have a beauty supply store near you, you might want to pick up a bottle of purple shampoo that keeps your hair from turning funky colors. The brand I used/use is called Shimmer Lights. You might experience a little more drying, like I did, but as long as you use a solid deep conditioning treatment, you should be okay. I'm not talking Pantene or anything like that though...make sure you go to a beauty store to get the treatment or it could dry your hair out even more (Pantene is a crock).
  • crazylesty07
    Options
    Oh, and if you're looking for even cheaper...you basically need to put the oils back in your lengths. Olive oil and coconut oil would be good!! Olive oil would probably be the cheapest of those two options.