hi, trying again

Options
Ohnoes
Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
hi! i posted an intro the other day and got no replies, but im not scared to try again. im 34, mother of two, started at 206, now at 193, and looking to get to 150 or so. looking for continued motivation and some workout tips. former restaurant owner and now stay at home mom, im trying to find new ways to incorporate fitness into my new daily routines of hanging around my house. nice to meet you all. :)

Replies

• JennKend
    JennKend Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am new here too. I am also a mother of 2. I started at 260 pounds! I am down 9 pounds since joining. Would love to be friends!
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I missed your first introduction but, I am glad that you posted again! :)

Welcome to MFP. I have been here for 4 months and I have lost 45 pounds so far with the help of weight watchers, supportive friends on here and walking daily.

I am also learning how to incorporate a daily workout into my already busy routine. I work part time, I am engaged to be married, I have a 4 month old daughter and I am trying to get to 144 pounds- currently, I am at 239.

I wish you the best of luck! Add me if I am who you are looking for as a friend.
  • mcriley9906
    Options
    Hi, Well i'm kind of new here. I joined a little while ago (while over a 1 or so) but i'm back to try again. I am also a mother of two. I'm kind of a sahm, but I work at home as well. In front of computer all day. so no exercise there. My biggest issues are with what I eat not how much. I'm learning I don't eat enough. I'm working on that part along with a new work out routine. Since i can't afford a gym or think i would go. I am tring something at home. I have gotten the Hip Hop Abs video's. (only 20) started today and boy did i feel it. I would love to be friends and help each other.
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a stay at home mom, 41 and starting out at 216. Hoping to lose about 80 lbs. We can do this!
  • seancrane798
    Options
    Well if no one else will welcome you to the neighborhood I will, It sounds like you have done an amazing job so far losing weight. I started at 277 a year agao made it to 215 now I am at 240 so I am starting a-new and set a final goal at 190. I try to log on daily and motivate as best as one can online...lol.
  • Ohnoes
    Options
    yay, people! nice to meet you all!

i wish i could join a gym, but we have only one car that my husband uses and the closest gym is a mile away. i could walk there, but there is a very very bad stretch of neighborhood in between there and here that i dont feel comfortable walking through and i am the primary caretaker for my three year old so i cant really leave the house. those sound like excuses, but they are legit excuses at least LOL. we have a stationary bike, some weights, an ab machine, an exercise ball, and some yoga videos so ive made my own gym. i want to learn how to lift these weights properly, does anybody do this?

after each of my kids were born i SWORE that i would lose the baby weight, but motherhood can be so draining, you give up so much of yourself that you sometimes dont have the energy or motivation to do the things you need to do for you. now that my kids are three and six i am finally feeling like myself again. like a too big version of myself.

im having fun with healthy food though. i ran the restaurant for years, and we served a lot of healthy food but ultimately it was a restaurant... i always told my employees, "be generous with butter and oil. this is a restaurant and it has to taste good. this is not your house where you are trying to make a healthy lunch." now i remember my own words EVERY time i go out to eat. im having a blast making up new soups and salads for my lunches and tasty dinners for my family.

thanks for the hellos!
  • 19Lindsay76
    19Lindsay76 Posts: 135
    Options
    welcome to the community,i also missed your first post :) but i sent u a request now
  • Ohnoes
    Options
    oh.... i also dont have a scale. is this ok? i weighed myself once at Target, and another time at a friends house. it seems easier for me to not weigh myself at home, i would check every day and get discouraged i think. seeing that 193 the other day after being over 200 the last time i weighed made me feel like i was walking on air!
  • 19Lindsay76
    19Lindsay76 Posts: 135
    Options
    my personal opinion is that if that is what works best for u, then do it just like that. i have a scale...but it is up in the attic so that i am not tempted to weigh constantly...i used to when it was in my exercise area lol
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Sorry missed your first post! I log on daily and love to motivate people :) You don't need a scale, I do use one, but I also use other tools to measure my progress. Biggest one is how do my clothes fit, but I also take a monthly picture so I can see the differences. Also, on how much more activity I can do. All my favorite ways to track my progress. Good luck :)
  • Ohnoes
    Options
    thanks everybody! i really like the way this site is set up, its good to have people watching me. accountability!
  • Bekkah376
    Bekkah376 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi there!

Great job on your loss so far... it's tough to fit in exercise with two kids! :smile:
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    welcome, and you can do it! :)
  • annettestanfill
    Options
    Hi, good job on your weight loss this far!!! It is good to get motivation from others here. Since your home with kiddos, have you tried work out videos? I have done those when my kids were little, they would do them with me. Have a great day!
  • Ohnoes
    Options
    no i havent tried workout videos, do you have any suggestions? i have two yoga dvds that i use, and the kids do that with me. my six year old can do a bridge like you wouldn't believe! i also have that fitness game for the xbox, it was gifted to me and i never tried it... might break it out one of these days.