1 year in - Lifting and Eating the Food

Options
darwinforyou
darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
Since it's been a year, I thought that I would post my pics cause I consider myself a success story already. Hell, aren't we all just for being on here and trying?

My story is, as is a lot of other people's, one that is still ongoing. I have a ways to go, but I love where I am going and the way I am getting there. Mine starts similar to a lot of people's, one day I just really knew I needed to lose weight and I went on a "diet". Cut my calories to 1200 per MFP and lost about 12 lbs. I found myself hungry all of the time and that I would have crazy cravings for sweet things that seriously sucked. So I started looking around to see what else was out there to help with cravings. I found a lovely group of ladies that were doing something called Stronglifts (weight lifting) and I joined up and decided I would give it a go. I became absolutely amazed at what it did to my body and decided to try another experiment of the dreaded "upping my calories!!!". Oh no!!!!

Yep - I have gradually gone from eating 1200 a day to eating 2000 currently. Since then I have lost another 8 lbs give or take. If I don't eat the calories, I dont' have enough energy to fuel my lifting which I absolutely love. I can do more when I eat more.

I lift 3x a week and try and run 2x a week. I give myself rest days and also let myself enjoy food and life.

I have lost more than 11 inches from around my waist - more inches from my thighs, hips and arms. I wore a size 18 when I started and when I was married in February I was wearing a size 12 dress. I wear approximately a 12/14 in jeans a M/L in shirts.

My starting weight was 214 and I am go back and forth between 194/196. However with that weight I continue to reduce size and inches. While I am the same weight, I have still lost over an inch from each thigh within the last two weeks. My body has drastically changed it's shape and size even though I've only lost 18 lbs. I am the size now that I was when I was 25 lbs lighter. This is because of lifting weights. I track lean body mass and have gained 9 lbs since January. I also try and eat a certain amount of protein each day. I've had to make some dietary restrictions lately due to health issues - potential celiac, so I need to reduce the gluten in my life sadly. But I still don't deprive myself.

My journey is slow and steady - and that's the only way this works. There's no quick fix and I absolutely refuse to starve myself.

I love my body no matter what the size but I am definitely becoming more comfortable in my own skin that never existed before. That has definitely come from lifting weights. This is about so much more than weight loss and about having a healthy relationship with yourself for the rest of your life.

Side2012-20131year_zps22dea3f3-1_zps04855e0f.jpg

2012-20131year_zpsa24bcd57.jpg

Replies

• vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Congratulations on your success and your enjoyment of all things!
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You look great! The fact you FEEL great is what I LOVE! That is very inspiring. Thank you for sharing
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great! Congrats on your marriage!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    How wonderful for you... many points you made hit me. "loved my body no matter what size" and "same weight but lost inches".

Truly inspirational....keep up the good work. You look Great !!!!
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on fantastic progress!!!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    !!Yay!! Love it!! So much win!!

Also, great shirt! *cough*copycat*cough*

:happy:
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Dangerous curves ahead:love:
  • mercymarque
    mercymarque Posts: 450
    Options
    This is awesome. I lift too and love it. Ur doing great. Keep it up. Ur progress and confidence shows,
  • darwinforyou
    Options

well you know what they say....imitation is the highest form of flattery ;)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Great work hottie! Love your mindset towards this journey :happy:
  • nursekern
    nursekern Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You've done really well, thanks for sharing your story :)
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

well you know what they say....imitation is the highest form of flattery ;)

:heart:
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Mwah! Totally, utterly, BAMF.
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    <3 you! Its been awesome to watch your journey!
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress! Weights FTW.
  • sweatydebs416
    Options
    congrats on all of your progress. you look amazing!
  • darwinforyou
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!