Options
Hi, I just joined this week after trying another diet that just was not working out. I am really excited, but have some questions. What happens if you go over on your protien or carbs. I am having issues with balancing all of this to make it work. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I was all over the place when I first started. My suggestion is to be completely honest, and log every morsel, every drop of oil for cooking, taste, etc. I found that I learned more about myself on my bad days, or days I went over in some areas and under in others. Only once you see your "trends" can you review your days to see where you could have improved . . . consuming an ounce less of your protein sometimes, or leaving out your carb with dinner . . . etc.
    It took me a few months to really be comfortable eating something without running to my computer to see how it would affect my daily targets. It will come with some practice . . .

Good luck to you!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If you go over your protein and carbs MFP sends the diet ninjas after you!
  • jnsangel33
    jnsangel33 Posts: 49
    Options
    welcome, welcome, welcome!!! you are more than welcome to add me if you like.... the more the support, the better!! so much helpful advice!! you will do great!! Good Luck To You!!!