Kettle bell - circuit training or weights?

Options
I have been doing 3x 30 min personal training sessions with a trainer using kettlebells - he totally works my butt off and it's my favourite form of exercise so far (not counting skiing and hillwalking, but those are more hobbies). I have been logging it as 25 mins of strength training/weight lifting, but I feel like I've definitely bruned more than the 95kcal MFP suggests! Would this be closer to strength training or to circuits??

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training, but I don't log the full time. I figure we're talking about form and switching exercises, etc. during that time.

When I wear my HRM during a kettlebell workout, it gets me at just under 200 calories for an hour session. I put it into MFP as 30 min. of circuit training and that gets me similar calories.
  • karensfitnesspal
    Options
    Kettlebells can be listed as circuit training or weights....it depends on how your trainer runs the workout. I normally enter the amount of calories under Cardio....even if I am doing more of a strength based kettlebell workouk.

I am a RKC II certified Kettlebell Instructor and I have my clients wear their HR monitors no matter what we are doing. I normally burn from 400 to 700 per hour for my kettlebell training. But I have clients who burn any where from 800 - 1000 for the hour.

I would be happy to give you a better idea, if you give me your workout run down, weight, Body Fat and max HR and training time.

IF you have more questions, you can contact me thru my website at www.kettlebell-elite.com

Good Luck with your training. :happy: