22 year old 220llbs need motivation

Options
Hello,

I am 22 years old and have been on this site for too long not getting far enough!!

I need people to chat to around the same age trying to loose weight to keep me motivated.

Any help much appreciated.

Replies

• monkeyfood
    monkeyfood Posts: 106
    Options
    Hey we are in the same boat :)
    220 was my starting weight.. I'm only 21...
    I'll add you. We can motivate each other.
  • autumnleann
    autumnleann Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 24 years old and my starting weight was 248. I have lost 50 lbs! Although, I am definitely not an expert... I can try to help and keep you motivated!
  • kristenMcP
    kristenMcP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey! You can totally do this! We all have plateau's and we all have our moments. I weighed 365 lbs when I was 20 and now i'm down to 185....if I can do it...anyone can! You're young and you have a drive in you somewhere to kick start this! Have some faith in yourself and get out there. Also, set yourself some goals. Small goals and larger ones. A small goal can be working out at least 20 minutes TODAY. And a large one can be losing 30 lbs by christmas!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I am 24 and started at 200 lbs (im 4 11 btw so 200 is alot for me). Ive lost almost 30 lbs. You can do it just keep at it. I run around all day after 2 little ones if I can do it anyone can ;)
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    There is a girl in my office who has lost 66 lbs in the past 3 months. :noway: It has taken me over 9 months to lose 40. But I'm not giving up this time. It may be slow, but its working and thats what counts for me. Feel free to join the thread (link is below). Without the help of these wonderful ladies, I would have completely fallen off the wagon when my marriage failed in December. We are very very supportive and encouraging (and we let you vent about ANY THING lol)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/106998-200-week-39-sizzlin-through-summer?page=3#posts-1485790

If you feel my group isn't a good fit, please try to find another group or start one of your own. Weight loss is incredibly hard when you don't have someone to turn to for help, support and motivation.
  • Naokoheart
    Naokoheart Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi I'm 21 I was 220 summer of last year,have been resting in the 190s recently,my weightloss journey has been slow,
    kicking it up a bit this summer though I have only just recently been seeing a budge on the scale this summer. But I know how you feel,it is possible,patience is the key! Anyway I can help keep you motivated,I like to browse around and give my support the best way I can,even if my advice isn't the most advanced!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    You certainly came to the right place, i'm 26, three years ago i was 220 Lost 60lbs in a year, slacked off for the last two now i'm back to loosing. this is a great community. add me if you want.
  • minnshark
    minnshark Posts: 4
    Options
    Blombie, 66 lbs. in 3 months is 5.5 lbs per week. You are on a much healthier pace. Remember, it was the steady turtle who finished the race. Keep up the good work.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I was 215 lbs and 22 when I started trying to lose all the weight I had put on during college (and I was oveweight when I started college to begin with!) and I've lost 45 pounds since August of last year. You can definitely do it! Just find some activities that interest you for working out, some yummy healthy food to meet your calorie goal, and you'll be dropping the pounds too. Add me as a friend if you wish :D
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    22 and 225 was my starting weight!! I've kind of slacked off but at least mainted my lovely 17lb loss... I too need the motivation to get moving again, I'd love to get healthy over the next year at grad school!! I'll most definitely friend!!

This was written by one of the fellas on here and I always find it a good thing to look at to keep things in perspective!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    add me if you would like
  • rosylove
    rosylove Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey Girl,

I am also 22years old and wight 232 lbs I am new to this site, but the support is huge.
    we can do ths together, and encourage each other. add me if you like.
  • chantel101
    Options
    Hi, I am 21 and I am stuck between 173 and 176, I am really slacking and support is a huge factor, my husband eats whatever he wants and doesnt seem to really care that I am trying not to. I read sp much on nutrition and wrote a presentation on it, now why cant I just listen to myself. Add me:smile:
  • lacdb87
    lacdb87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Mawhinn21,
    I'm with you! I am 22 years old, In April I weighed in at 235 and I'm currently at 213. Tell me about motivation! I'm getting married in September and finally been able to talk myself into actually losing weight, rather then just telling myself I should...someday. I'm having such a hard time keeping up with it. My mother in law makes fun of me for measuring out my food. My fiance wants to stop at Dairy Queen for ice cream. Ahh!! But let me tell you, this calorie tracker has become one of my best friends! I try to be honest and log everything (even though the other day I "forgot" to log my 140 calories of Oreo's, which fyi is only 2 cookies,) if I'm honest with the tracker then I feel I stick closer to it. I hate seeing red, I can almost hear it yelling at me. My current goal is to get below 200, once I reach that I'll have others. We all get stuck at some point, I went half of May and all of June at the same weight, then I got pissed and worked harder, I changed my "my fitnesspal goals" so I was allowed less calories, I worked out more often, and I got over the hump. You will get there, I can't believe how much I've lost so far. If you are optimistic and look at how far you've come rather then how far you have left to go, it's a lot easier to be proud of yourself, and being proud, for me, is my strongest motivation. Whether it 5lbs or 50lbs, it is hard, and you did it, I did it, and we can continue to kick ourselves in the butt and keep doing it until we get to our ultimate goal. (Even if we do sneak a couple oreos every now and then.) :wink:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I was 24 when I started and 261. You can do this! Feel free to add me!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm 22, starting weight was 244lbs in April 2009, I reached my goal of 135lbs. & have been maintaining since March 2010!

You can do it! Relentless determination is the key!
  • Adkins_Sherri
    Adkins_Sherri Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You are NOT alone and most certainly CAN do this! I am 28 and my starting weight was 220 lbs. I have lost 30 lbs since May 18th! I will add you and will help out in any way I can! The only advice I can give you is to take in more protein and less carbs. Don't eliminate carbs completely, just take in the fast acting carbs not the slow BAD ones! Good luck hun!
  • christie89
    Options
    hello, how are you?
  • trisha62586
    Options
    Im 24, I weight 250. I am the biggest I've ever been in my life. I am looking for friends to support my journey in looking weight.
  • TubOlard
    TubOlard Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm I guess what you would consider old at 41 but if you want support, I'll be happy to be your friend.