Starting a new fitness challenge. . .join us. . .(Victorious

Options
OK. . .
so I guess this is the day for a new challenge. Mary, you're better at names than me. . .what have you come up with?

So, today is spinning for 45 min., walking there and back.

waters, vits and another day off from brain activity (or at least from academics. . .I feel tres decadent)

Here's my question:
Do you think it's necessary to take an entire day off from structured exercise? I never do the same thing two days in a row, and I want to start taking bikram 3 days a week (I know, I feel like a new cult member), which means that takes my "day off". I'm wondering if dance class (which feels easy nowadays, at least calorie burn/effort wise) is OK for a "light day". Am I crazy? Remember, that I'm not working again until September, so this schedule would be temporary. I'm just determined to drop a couple more body fat % points. . . . Opinions? That would make my sched: bikram 3 days, spinning or comparable cardio 3 days and dance class 1 day. . .

Take care of yourselves, all! Happy workouts!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    OK. . .
    so I guess this is the day for a new challenge. Mary, you're better at names than me. . .what have you come up with?

So, today is spinning for 45 min., walking there and back.

waters, vits and another day off from brain activity (or at least from academics. . .I feel tres decadent)

Here's my question:
    Do you think it's necessary to take an entire day off from structured exercise? I never do the same thing two days in a row, and I want to start taking bikram 3 days a week (I know, I feel like a new cult member), which means that takes my "day off". I'm wondering if dance class (which feels easy nowadays, at least calorie burn/effort wise) is OK for a "light day". Am I crazy? Remember, that I'm not working again until September, so this schedule would be temporary. I'm just determined to drop a couple more body fat % points. . . . Opinions? That would make my sched: bikram 3 days, spinning or comparable cardio 3 days and dance class 1 day. . .

Take care of yourselves, all! Happy workouts!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I never take a complete day off. I think walking and yoga (and even dancing) can be done on days off. As long as it isn't strenuous, it's a day off. Likewise, if you are new to exercise, anything strenuous for you counts.

New names (all end with challenge):
    Joyous July
    Fun Fitness
    Stronger, Better, Faster
    July Fitness
    Egg each other Excercise
    Fight for fitness
    Fitness friends

Ok, that's enough. Yesterday went to the local rec club - got to use the cybex machine - lots of fun, like a ski machine. Saw a bunch of gym faux pas though - someone was on a machine in bare feet! Today is still up in the air. Got a four hour drive later on, so I have to move this morning.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    S.B.F. challenge? I like. . .
    any other opinions.

Egg each other fitness is also adorable, but I get a vision of us throwing eggs at each other.:laugh: (although maybe that could count as cardio if there was chasing involved. . .)
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Today I biked 7.2km with my wagon carrying my kids in 26mins. I plan on biking after work as well as long as it takes me to lap the town 3 times which is 11.4km.. so roughly 11.5m altogether.

Does it matter if I do it all at once or split it up.. for instance with my kids I took 2 trips. I really needed a break after 3.8km. I stopped for about 5 mins and then went again.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    S.B.F caught my attention too.... I love it! Did you all notice how positive the options were?!?!?!

I spent yesterday recovering from being away for the week. (If you decipher that, it means I cleaned up the house that was clean when I left :laugh: )

Did a tough 3 mile run this morning: packed with hills. I haven't been able to complete this run in months without walking.

My SBF stats: 150 lbs (almost 30lbs lost since October: yea MFP!!!!)
    Goals: 140lbs, 10 waters/day, use less sarcasm, learn to accept compliments (now that I'm getting them).

I am going to buy my gown this week. After that, all I have left to find is my interview suit!!!! I'm getting excited! :happy:

Start off SBF strong folks, we can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    SBF works for me too! I have 8 pounds to go to my goal. How long will this challenge be this time?

I did Level 3 Shred again and it's still pretty tough but I love it. Heading out for a walk-balmy 77 here.

Today was my son's Pre-K graduation so I changed my profile pic....not too shabby if I do say so myself! It's great to not want to run & hide when someone takes a camera out!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    So fatigued today! Ugh! Just needed to vent, and thank you ladies. . .if it wasn't for you guys, I'd stay on the sofa instead of heading out to the gym in a few minutes. . .

ain't accountability a wonderful thing?:tongue:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    How about an end date of 08-08-08 - start of the Olympics?
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Love love SBF Challenge, and LOVE the auspicious end date of 8/8/08!

Greetings from the road. It's crazy and hectic, have barely had time to work out more than 30 min at a time. My goal is 5x a week no matter WHAT.

These past few days have been a wash, though. They have catering on the set but it's not healthy so it's reallllllly hard to keep the eating under control. And I drank last night for the first time in two months. Am really paying the price today...but I couldn't turn down the opportunity to do shots of tequila with Ty!

I've asked catering to come up with some leafy green options...and now that I have internet on set I'm going to commit to logging.

My goals for this challenge:
    WHEN SHOOTING (12 days in a row)
    ~ Keep logging food and exercise
    ~ Work out 5x week, no matter what
    ~ Limit drinking
    ~ Incorporate yoga workouts
    ~ Find workout partners -- other people on crew who want to stay healthy

WHEN HOME (5 days in a row)
    ~ Work out every day at home
    ~ Buy healthy options to take on the road