What are you eating for breakfast ?

Options
124»

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs (two made this very morning by our mobile scrap-fed egg farm) cooked up with a pile of bacon, onions and chopped up sausages left over from last night's boozy bbq.

And tomato sauce.

And some toasted buns to mop it all up with.

And coffee.

I considered Special K but suspect that it just would not hit the spot this morning. ;)
  • lostman
    lostman Posts: 10
    Options
    This week I fixed a batch of black bean turkey mix and have been making breakfast burritos. The turkey mix is taco seasoning (low sodium), 1/2 c wheat germ, 1/2 c sugar free applesauce, 1 egg and 1 egg white. After browning the turkey meat, I add a bit of chopped veggies (onion, green pepper, whatever) and brown that, then add a can of drained and rinsed black beans. One pkg of ground turkey makes about 8-10 burritos, depending on the size of your tortilla. Use the high fiber low carb tortillas, top with a bit of low fat cheese and salsa and it's a quick easy breakfast. Keeps in the fridge for well over a week.

I also like to take the turkey mix and just make turkey patties. Brown a bunch of them up and use them for turkey/egg breakfast sammies or just grab a couple, heat them, and eat them plain.

The turkey/black bean mix is also great on a salad. I got the idea from Biggest Loser one season.
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Smoothies
    Oatmeal - I will make apple cinnamon, raisins, or banana. I add a little dark brown sugar to them.
    English muffin egg sandwich with canadian bacon and a fruit.
    Pancakes - on the weekends
    Scrambled, fried or omellette with bacon and hashbrowns - on the weekend.
  • kiwanda88
    kiwanda88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, cheese, meat, bread: either an omlette with a piece of whole grain toast, or a whole wheat English muffin with egg/cheese/meat. Cheese is usually Finlandia light swiss, the meat is either 1 tsp bacon crumbles (costco) or two slices uncured Canadian bacon (also Costco). Nets out at 300 calories (more or less) either way.
  • Lullabies6
    Lullabies6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    During the work week it's honey wheat toast and garden veggie cream cheese and tea about 210 calories without creamer, multigrain cheerios and skim milk, or nutrigrain waffles with light syrup. On the weekend I tend to make omelets with tomatoes, cheese, and onions, light french toast or any of the work week staples. :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Kodiak Cakes whole wheat oat and honey flapjacks, with a touch of butter and a tlbs of ginger spread, coffee and creamer.
  • YourLotusFlower11
    YourLotusFlower11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Atm I keep eating weetabix with milk and banana keeps me full until lunch or at least until 11.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    1/2 plain bagel with 2 tbs crunchy peanut butter and a green apple.
  • rebeccawwalters
    rebeccawwalters Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I usually eat:
    Thomas' 100% Whole Wheat Bagel Thin (325 cal) or English Muffin (335 cal) with a tbsp of peanut butter and a sliced banana -or-
    De Wafflebaker's buttermilk pancakes (3 for 260 cal) with Sugar Free Syrup (approx. 40 cal)
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Usually I have homemade plain yogurt, with a scoop of protein powder, two tablespoons of "Holy Crap - Dragons' Blend" cereal (chia, hemp hearts . . . ), and 140 grams of fruit.

I decided to try oatmeal for breakfast today, and that worked out quite well. 1/3 cup made with water, with 22 grams of brown sugar.
  • Direnscure
    Options
    Usually the same thing if I wake up in time for an actual breakfast.

-Cup of oats
    -Scoop of whey
    -Cup of mixed berries on top mixed all in oatmeal
    -Cup of Coffee
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    sometimes nothing i sleep in
    or toast
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Breakfast???
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    yogurt parfait w/ berries, walnuts and wheat / flax cereal
    homemade "egg mcmuffin" w/ Thomas triple health English muffin, egg, 1 oz ham, Ultra Thin slice of cheese (Sargento brand)
    Cottage cheese, cinnamon and walnuts with a piece of fruit
    Kashi waffle with yogurt and fruit
    Oatmeal with cinnamon and fruit
    Scrambled egg whites w/ veggies and just a little low fat cheese
  • DrVeggie
    DrVeggie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    18 grams of back to nature sesame crackers
    1 apple sprinkled with cinnamon
    2 cups of tea
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Protein powder
    10-20 almonds
    Chameh / 참외 (Korean gold melon)
    Asian pear
    Orange
    Grapefruit
    plain oatmeal with stevia and cinnamon

or some combination of the above
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Coffee and milk is the first thing every morning.

Egg sandwiches on toast and leftovers have been my thing the last couple weeks.

And my normal go to is Wheat Chex with 2% milk and banana.

There's been some pancakes, some waffles and some french toast.

I love oatmeal but haven't had it in a couple of months.

There's pretty much nothing in my diet I won't eat for breakfast.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Recently we found a recipe that we quite enjoy and is versatile.

The base consists of half cup of oats, about a cup of greek yogurt (regular will work as well) and a pinch of chia seeds (optional really...) And add anything else you'd like in there as well. Mix well, stick in the refrigerator for 8 hours before consuming. Above measurements makes one serving so you can make more if you like. Mix is good for 3 days after you made it.

Depending on the day I'll add toast with a bowl of oats or just two toasts with fruit a little while pre-workout and have a larger meal after