Ellipticals

Options
Does anyone find they lose lots of weight on their ellipticals?

Replies

• jzs20
    jzs20 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I do about 30-45min a day on one and it really seems to help me.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I love it because its easier on my ankle that I broke than treadmill. I have lost weight on it before.
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It works for me. Usually 35-40 min when I am doing cardio.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I love it...
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i prefer the treadmill and running, just because thats how i lost weight the first time round,

ive noticed that the elliptical made my thighs really bulk up (or the squats but im just gonna blame the elliptical haha)
  • flywithabowtie
    flywithabowtie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have been using one for almost a month now. I hurt my knee doing Insainty & didnt want to lose all the cardio & had done. Ive been goin about 40 mins, but am hoping to start goin for a hour in the next couple of weeks
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Love mine. Use it every day. I much prefer the elliptical to a treadmill.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Looove the elliptical. I lost the majority of the weight I needed to lose using one
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    An elliptical isn't a weight loss plan, it's a tool :D Just like your toaster or a good pair of shoes.
    You will burn calories if you use an elliptical, if you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight!
    I have an elliptical, I love it. I use it while I watch cheesy reality TV.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I lose weight when I'm in a calorie deficit while getting exercise. The method of exercise doesn't matter than much if I get my calories right.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I find that eating at a deficit has me losing weight.

The elliptical is a great cardio workout to help with stamina. But I focus more on weight training now to help prevent muscle mass loss, gain strength and help with endurance too :) I still do cardio because I think a mixture is best.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I like the elliptical because it's really easy and it's also easy on the joints. Good for "rest day" cardio.
  • bigjretrac
    bigjretrac Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Before I joined MFP and changed my eating habits, I went on the elliptical 3X a week for about an hour. I dropped five pounds just doing that. Once I cut my calories and made better choices, the weight began falling right off.

Right now I do the elliptical 2-4 times a week for about an hour. It's therapeutic for me and reduces stress. I listen to music, watch a basketball game, watch TV-- *sigh* I love the elliptical. Plus, my feet don't get as sore from the impact. The only thing is that, if I do it too much, my knees begin to complain.