I Have Improved On __________

Options

Replies

• noctilumina
    noctilumina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    These days I am disappointed when I have to take my car somewhere (for instance when I go to pick up a giant bag of dog food or kitty litter). I walk almost everywhere now, not only because I push myself to do it because it's good for me, but because I actually really enjoy it! I never would have predicted that a year ago. :smile:
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Energy, self confidence, I can run upstairs or a hill without feeling like I'm going to die.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Patience. Especially. Next month I would have been going at this journey for 3 years. In the beginning I would be mad if I didn't get something right the first shot or so but now I am able to embrace that everything is a learning experience. :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I have improved on:

My self-image, esteem, and confidence.
    My understanding on fitness, nutrition, and health
    My attitude towards myself and life in general
    Smoke free for over 8 months

Fitness wise, I've improved on:
    Going from doing wall push ups, to half push ups and now I am doing full push ups! I do 20 per set (and I do 3 sets).
    Improving and hopefully will be able to do chin ups and pull ups in a month or two :)
    Pushing from 40lbs to 100lbs on chest presses and tricep press extensions.
    Pushing from 40lbs to 80lbs on lateral pulldowns
    Able to do 30-40 squats per set (3 sets) and working on doing better with them being ATG
    I don't fall over too often doing forward and reverse lunges
    My longest held plank was 100 seconds :D
  • Schmitty_89
    Schmitty_89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Endurance and getting a little stronger. Last year I would jog around the park and it was difficult to do a lap. I also did not have the upper arm strength to climb a tree. By the end of the fall I could jog around the park once and a half and climb the tree!

Recently I challenged myself again to see if I could do it because I did not jog outside over winter but did cardio and interval training inside. The day was beautiful for the first time yesterday so I went for a jog outside. To my surprise I can still do it! Now I just have to push myself a little more this summer. :D
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    Healthy bloodpressure
    Stop eating when nervous or bored
    Make healthier food choises
    Walk very long distances without feeling tired or heavy
  • gr8xpectationz
    gr8xpectationz Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have improved on walking. I can walk an hour...and do hills...and keep up the pace! When I started a month ago, thirty minutes was the best I could do, and even that involved a lot of huffing and puffing.

I have improved on resisting temptation. I can watch other people eat desert, and really be bothered, except for occasions when I know my daily calorie intake can handle a few bites of a treat! My sweet tooth is minimized.

I have improved on trusting my body. A month ago, I'd have answered "yes" pretty much any time someone asked if I was hungry. Now I know when I'm hungry. And I don't eat when I'm not. And I know when I'm full. And when I'm thirsty. It's surprising.
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The elliptical. I went from three minutes to 30 minutes (which is usually my mind-numbingly bored limit.)

Bench press. I went from small dumbbells to actually using the empty barbell. Hopefully soon I'll be able to put big girl weights on it!
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Everything fitness related. I can do boy style pushups about 50% of the time where I could barely do 3 girl style when I started. I can hold my planks longer and do them on my toes half the time. The weights I use are heavier. My squats are deeper. I actually was able to do triceps dips the other night. I can run short distances with out my knees hurting. We were doing sprints yesterday and I think I actually felt my heels hit my butt I was pushing myself so hard. I'm no longer scared to try new exercises - we recently got tractor tires to use and the first session we used them everyone else was skeptical to try flipping them and I just sauntered right up and was like "I've got this". I feel better and have a much brighter outlook on life. I'm more comfortable sleeping. My back doesn't hurt if I lay on it instead of my side or stomach.
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Drinking more water
    Each day being able to go up more hills for longer
    Better Sleep
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Fiber intake, and realizing how many calories I was really eating ( no wonder I gained that weight. 3k a day because of my unhealthy snacks?!! Holy crap!)
  • vikkiitoria
    vikkiitoria Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Running. Although I've only been doing the c25k for 1 week and can see my stamina and endurance improving. I hope to one day be able to call myself a runner :laugh:
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have improve on strength. We are remodeling our kitchen and I was able to carry some of the cabinets in by myself.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Controlling my appetite! I don't need 2 servings to feel full anymore.
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have gotten rid of almost all of my old clothes
    I no longer have as many problems with my back or my knee
    I have more energy
    I used to never workout, now I feel guilty if I don't
    I am using my measuring cups and spoons a lot more
    Each time I do a squat I can go down farther. When I first started I couldn't go that low.
    I'm drinking more water
    I no longer watch tv with an entire bag of chips by my side
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm in LOVE W/ water as before I could not stand it :)
  • maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    1) The choices I make in eating. Definite WIN. I feel better and I never get a sick tummy anymore because I don't eat a lot of dairy or sugars anymore.
    2) I almost never get tired while riding horses anymore (I ride dressage, my HRM says I burn about 300 cals for a half hour:happy: )
    And 3) My increase in weights at the gym! I LOVE weight lifting and i love when I can come back the next week and use heavier weights :happy:
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    * Strength
    * Speed
    * CONFIDENCE
    * HAPPINESS

:happy:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I now have the resting heart rate of an athlete.
  • cbyellow
    cbyellow Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have more energy to play with my daughter.
    I think about what I eat before eating it.
    I realized when I went for a run last week that my butt no longer jiggles when I run. I was quite pleased!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!