What do you like about your gym?

Options

Replies

• dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Close to work, cheap and never crowded during the hours I visit. It ain't pretty, but I can do my thang in peace without a wait.
  • Ninguneado73
    Options
    My apartment complex gym is small. However, early in the morning is almost empty and I don't have to wait around for anyone or anything!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I lovethe classes and that they have assistance programs for those who are low income :) As well, it is a 12 minute walk from my apartment and 30 minute walk from work which is awesome since I don't have a car.(I go to the Y)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    hot men in spandex...... need I say more...

Isn't your gym a mirrored room Jac?

ETA: with just you in it.

why yes. now that you mention it I guess it is. :blushing:
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Salt pool. Cardio area always on a different level than weights at all the locations. plenty of equipment so there's seldom a wait. Not a meat market. And only a few dolts who don't realize dropping weights makes them look like idiots.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My trainer! And that it's clean and doesn't smell.
  • ndriedger
    ndriedger Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That today it was empty :) I went to my home town today, lil tiny town. Sunday mornings it's a ghost town. I love it.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    It has two power cages, three squat rack, two deadlifting platforms and nice, big, colour coded plates that are easy to load on the bar.
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    it is right downstairs! yay!
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Its clean!
  • mom9198
    mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Since water workouts are best for me, I love the two pools and two hot tubs for soaking afterward.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Staff is awesome, it's clean, 90% of it is the weight room and it has ZERO classes. :)
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    26 dollars a month :)
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like that I don't have to fight over machines anymore! A new "refurbished" gym opened up literally a block away and everyone just goes there now (it's REALLY nice but I don't like to wait..). OH! And they're free!!
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    There's a new fitness center in the basement of the building I work in. Great for sneaking downstairs at lunch for a run or getting in early (and getting a good parking space) and getting a workout in.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Mine's a complete "home gym" downstairs...I have mirrors on the walls, can see every move....I love that!!
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am currently backpacking in Australia, and usually a gym membership for me right now would be out of the question.
    However, as I am settled in Sydney for 3 months, I saw a voucher on Groupon for a small gym round the corner (literally 5 mins walk) and it only cost me $70 (AUD) for 3 months! So that was perfect.

It's a tiny gym - it's just intended to be a small gym to service the Rugby Club as it's built onto the club's land, but they have allowed outsiders to use it too, and it's open 24 hours a day, so it's perfect for me right now.

When I get home, I would prefer something a bit more luxurious, more of a weight lifting area, bigger gym, classes, pool, spa and luxuries but for now this is beyond perfect.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING! :happy:

Especially the Cardio Theater & MMA building (kickboxing/muay thai/boxing etc.)
    Olympic pool/suana.

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Crumleygirl
    Crumleygirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love LA fitness. I can go to any LA fitness in the country and mine has top of the line equipment with personal tv's on all cardio. Also classes are included in membership dues.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING! :happy:

Especially the Cardio Theater & MMA building (kickboxing/muay thai/boxing etc.)
    Olympic pool/suana.

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Im jelous of the olympic sized pool!

I go to tthe local and I like they have child watch on the cheap (2 bucks a kid for 2.5 hours), I like that they have a pool/jacuzzi, and I like that most of the Weight room staff is very friendly and willing to spot, offer advice, help with form, etc.