Turbofire or Chalean Extreme?

Options
Hi guys!
I'm trying to decide what workout program to start in 2 weeks so if anyone has done either of the 2 workouts I mentioned your suggestions would be great!

-Kristen

Replies

• aladams83
    aladams83 Posts: 47
    Options
    I completed TurboFire 3 weeks ago and am going for a Hybrid Round of TurboFire/Chalean Extreme. :) Chalene Johnson is a great motivator. If you are looking for more cardio kickboxing type... go with TurboFire first... Thats what I did. :-) I'm excited to start Chalean Extreme and get my muscles going. :)

Good Luck! I'm sure you'll love both!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Both very different. CE is main,y strength traing and TF mainly cardio.
  • krisDanielle16
    krisDanielle16 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ok perfect! Thanks so much. I'll probably start with Turbofire then :smile: I hope I like it as much as you did!
  • Meemilla
    Meemilla Posts: 46
    Options
    I have done Turbo Fire and loved it - cardio. Now I'm doing a hybrid of Turbo Fire and P90X. I also have Chalean Extreme but haven't tried it yet.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    7lfr6Pm.jpg
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I found TF far too repetitive. It's a lot of kickboxing style moves.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    CLX, is pretty brutal. Outside of needing the appropriate weight (YOU NEED HEAVY WEIGHTS NOW) You're gonna need to a eat high protein, calorie deficit diet. YOU WILL FEEL SORE DAILY the first week. You'll have to push through.

It's a great program, I wish I could say more, but I just started this week (I have one more day to finish out this week), but I feel pretty beat, sore, but I think its worth it.
  • krisDanielle16
    krisDanielle16 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    CLX, is pretty brutal. Outside of needing the appropriate weight (YOU NEED HEAVY WEIGHTS NOW) You're gonna need to a eat high protein, calorie deficit diet. YOU WILL FEEL SORE DAILY the first week. You'll have to push through.

It's a great program, I wish I could say more, but I just started this week (I have one more day to finish out this week), but I feel pretty beat, sore, but I think its worth it.

Okay perfect! Thanks! That sounds like something I may enjoy :smile:
  • LouiseLucie
    LouiseLucie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I enjoy both, like others said, TF is more cardio and CE is more with free weights. With Extreme, I felt the muscles building (under my layer of fat though as I have weight to lose lol) but it was nice to feel I was getting muscles and felt stronger.

I have free weights that range from: 3lbs, 5lbs, 8lbs, 10 lbs and 15 lbs but I think when it comes to lower body exercised I will probably go from 15lbs to 20lbs and probably 30lbs.
  • srrose15
    srrose15 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire for sure - if you need any help or want to join an online group for the extra motivation let me know I have one starting next week
  • KGamelin116
    Options
    I LOVE TurboFire! I am about a month into it right now. I'm really into the high energy and dance music. And I have some experience with kickboxing so it was the perfect mix for me. It is definitely cardio based but there are toning, core, and stretch classes that are integrated too.