Crispy Kale Chips recipe - low calorie high nutrition

Options

Replies

• roxazaloah
    Options
    I don't eat kale a whole lot (I probably should since I love leafy greens esp. fresh ones), but I ought to try this ... YUM! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am going to try these on Friday with a home made ministrone soup, kind of like a crouton topping thing, if it works I may well experiment further.

Great Idea! Thank you OP
  • jrbtsn
    jrbtsn Posts: 16
    Options
    bump for future reference:smile:
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Bump to make later.
  • safranita
    safranita Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't eat kale a whole lot (I probably should since I love leafy greens esp. fresh ones), but I ought to try this ... YUM! Thanks for sharing!!!

You're welcome - please let us know how it goes after you make and enjoy them!
  • safranita
    Options
    I am going to try these on Friday with a home made ministrone soup, kind of like a crouton topping thing, if it works I may well experiment further.

Great Idea! Thank you OP

You're welcome and thank you for sharing. Your Friday meal sounds amazing.
  • cherchechristine
    cherchechristine Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Baked Kale Chips
    photo: http://www.eatingrules.com/2010/08/baked-kale-chips/

Ingredients
    2 cups kale leaves
    1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
    several pinches sea salt

Instructions
    1. Wash and dry the kale. Tear or cut the leaves into pieces, cutting out the tough center stem.
    2. Toss the leaves with the olive oil, and then sprinkle on a few pinches of sea salt.
    3. Lay the leaves on a cookie sheet (see pic below) and bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes. Careful, though: If you bake them too briefly they won’t get crispy, but go too long and they’ll be burned. Check them at 9 minutes, and if they’re not crispy yet, give them a couple more minutes and check again. You may need to pull some out sooner than others.
    4. enjoy!
    bump
  • safranita
    Options

hope you enjoy!
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I tried these with Savoy cabbage as couldn't get Kale, they were a bit of a faff, and not that good!

Will try again with Kale when I see it!
  • safranita
    Options
    You're welcome! :happy:
    Baked Kale Chips

Ingredients
    2 cups kale leaves
    several pinches sea salt

Instructions
    1. Wash and dry the kale. Tear or cut the leaves into pieces, cutting out the tough center stem.
    2. Toss the leaves with the olive oil, and then sprinkle on a few pinches of sea salt.
    3. Lay the leaves on a cookie sheet (see pic below) and bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes. Careful, though: If you bake them too briefly they won’t get crispy, but go too long and they’ll be burned. Check them at 9 minutes, and if they’re not crispy yet, give them a couple more minutes and check again. You may need to pull some out sooner than others.
    4. enjoy!
    Thanks! :smile:
  • safranita
    Options
    Thanks!!

You're very welcome!
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Strivingforhealth12 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I make kale chips almost every week. My recipe calls for 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar. I like them baked well done, almost brown. Mmmm!
  • Focusedjessy
    Focusedjessy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I make mine using coconut oil and love them. I also add onion powder and garlic powder. I had my boyfriend try them and he wasn't impressed. Lol atleast he tried.
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bumping cos I just bought my first ever bag of kale and I wanna try this !

Would kale chips be ok next day?? Or are they more cook and then eat straightaway ? thanks !
  • OkaNekko
    OkaNekko Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hubby won't eat kale. I will have to try this out and see if I can change that. Thanks.
  • Alarista
    Alarista Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Time to try Kale again. Thank you:flowerforyou:
    Baked Kale Chips

Ingredients
    2 cups kale leaves
    several pinches sea salt

Instructions
    4. enjoy!
  • rvhorsburgh
    rvhorsburgh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    A healthy sub for my beloved chips - I will try Wednesday.
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Bump is a way to save the thread in your profile for later :) It also is a way to bump it to the top of the list....

Edit is to say that this is an answer to a question by the op!