Fast Weight Loss Tips

Options
Hi,

I have been doing some research online and what I see that I need more protein. Is that correct? What foods should I be concentrating on losing weight fast. I only want to lose 10-15 pounds and become more tone.

Replies

• ShandaLeaS
    ShandaLeaS Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you only have 10-15lbs to lose, the MAX you should lose is 1lb a week. The slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off
  • hellothere1212
    Options
    weight train, lots of cardio and eat 1200 calories a day
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Eat a bag a prunes and drink a lot of water.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • thewickedlifter
    Options
    Lift heavy weights, eat 1 gram of protein for every pound of LBM. Don't fall into the 1200 calorie trap!!! Your muscles need fuel! Figure out your numbers and eat at a 20% deficit for weight loss. Fat2fitradio has a great calculator.
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights, eat 1 gram of protein for every pound of LBM. Don't fall into the 1200 calorie trap!!! Your muscles need fuel! Figure out your numbers and eat at a 20% deficit for weight loss. Fat2fitradio has a great calculator.

Totally agreed with Michelle :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    For more information about fitness and nutrition, I highly suggest checking out and joining this group: (Read all the stickies. It's great information to know.)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/865230-resources-and-references

For info about your macros (proteins/fats/carbs) - check out this link. It will give you the formula to figure out your #s and also how to custom change them in MFP:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

ETA: Unless you want to do something unhealthy or end up gaining the weight back, realize that taking it slow is the best route.
  • Change4Love
    Options
    The slower you lose it the longer youll keep it off
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Eat <
    Move>
    repeat consistently z
    profit
  • alaskanaomi
    Options
    When I want to lose weight fast, I eat this every day, and it's very effective:

breakfast: apple
    lunch: protein and veggie (small servings)
    snack: grapefruit
    dinner: protein and veggie (small servings)

I avoid all dairy, added sugar, starches, creams, etc. Just loads of water and some tea.
  • KhinoHoang
    Options
    Straight losing weight = Skeletor

The "toned" look is more about muscles. I agree with lifting heavier, don't do a ton of cardio or you'll just lose your muscles. Maintain a higher protein to keep the muscles on as well.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

I avoid all dairy, added sugar, starches, creams, etc. Just loads of water and some tea.

And I bet you put it back on again :noway:

Don't do this op.

Lose it slowly and you will have a better chance of keeping it off and keeping your lbm.

Work out your TDEE, take a 10% cut off it, lift weights, take measurements and photos as well was monitor your weight. Reassess after 6 weeks.
  • sarahelizabeth2276
    sarahelizabeth2276 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have been doing some research online and what I see that I need more protein. Is that correct? What foods should I be concentrating on losing weight fast. I only want to lose 10-15 pounds and become more tone.

Hello!

How quickly are you looking to lose this weight? If done rigidly, though healthy, you can lose 2 pounds a week. You surely can lose more with unhealthy eating/exercise behaviors, though you feasibly will gain back the weight rapidly.

I'd recommend consuming 5-6 small meals a day in order to keep your metabolism running at its prime. I'd increase your protein consumption- sticking to lean, low fat options, decrease your carbs (and try to only consume whole grains, multi-grains, brown rice, etc.), have ample serving of fruits and veggies, and stick to very healthy, and omega-3 enriched, fats (almonds, avocado,etc.)

Make sure your drinking plenty of water (8-10, 8fl oz glasses), and avoid any sugar or carbonated drinks.

Exercise regularly (an hour or so a day) and sleep well (7-11 hours/night)

I hope this was helpful!
    Take care

26742785.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Hello!

How quickly are you looking to lose this weight? If done rigidly, though healthy, you can lose 2 pounds a week. You surely can lose more with unhealthy eating/exercise behaviors, though you feasibly will gain back the weight rapidly.

I'd recommend consuming 5-6 small meals a day in order to keep your metabolism running at its prime. I'd increase your protein consumption- sticking to lean, low fat options, decrease your carbs (and try to only consume whole grains, multi-grains, brown rice, etc.), have ample serving of fruits and veggies, and stick to very healthy, and omega-3 enriched, fats (almonds, avocado,etc.)

Make sure your drinking plenty of water (8-10, 8fl oz glasses), and avoid any sugar or carbonated drinks.

I hope this was helpful!
    Take care

26742785.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sounds good to me :smile:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Hello!

I hope this was helpful!
    Take care

It's very unlikely she'll lose 2lbs of fat a week with only 10-15lbs to go, It is setting her up for disappointment, The less you have to lose the slower and harder it is. She should be aiming for 1-0.5lbs of fat loss a week.
  • HudaSaman
    HudaSaman Posts: 46
    Options
    Why do people want to lose weight quickly ?!
    our bodies are not machines with speed, It will never work with you. I am so sorry for that, but we have to be honest with ourselves if we want real results. Over weight is a damage caused to our bodies because we have been treating them in a bad way for along time. so we can't fix that damage with another one!
    No matter how long it takes. Start getting red of bad habits in food, exercise and balance your diet and you will see results, it may not be quickly but it will last. :)
    Good luck
  • HudaSaman
    HudaSaman Posts: 46
    Options

one apple for breakfast, this in not good :) !
    breakfast is supposed to be the biggest fullest meal of the day .. It's your fuel for the whole day :)
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options

^^^ THIS ^^^

All day long...
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    breakfast is supposed to be the biggest fullest meal of the day .. It's your fuel for the whole day :)

This was the thinking back in 1955...
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    weight train, lots of cardio and eat 1200 calories a day

weight train? Yes.
    Cardio? On your off days, no need to go nuts but yes.
    Eat 1200 calories a day? FALSE.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937709-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0

Read that and lift heavy weights. Problem solved.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    The slower you lose it the longer youll keep it off

That's actually not true. There's been some studies out that show more profound (and quick) fat loss leads to lower average regains. The numbers are rather small, something like 5lbs after both groups "regained".

Most of those "crash" diets are idiotic nonsense, and you're not losing fat;it's mostly water and emptying your intestines (which of course does equate to "losing weight"....technically). Anything that claims to be something like "lose 10lbs in 3 days" isn't valid, 10lbs=35k calories, which virtually nobody burns in 3 days ( unless you're a professional athlete [even then it's unlikely you use THAT much], and most people reading this nonsense in grocery store magazines aren't).

Most of the "average" weight loss numbers come from a few things:
    1. Most people reasonably can't create supermassive dificits.
    2. Because of said limitations on daily deficit, we also have something of a limited ability to "cap out" on daily/weekly fat utilization.