Over 400 calories left for today but already -5 for sugar!

Options
I have my day planned out and I am allowed 30g of sugar a day, but that has already been eaten up by milk in my cereal this morning and my salad for lunch and stir fry for dinner and I'm -5 on my sugar. Now I'm left with 400 calories as I'll be running later, any sugesstions?

Replies

• Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    MFP's allowance for sugar is low. Don't worry about it, unless there is a medical reason you are only allowed that little. I go over my allowance every single day!
  • leannemd123
    Options
    Thanks for the response, I think I will have to ignore it otherwise I'll be undereating by nearly 400 calories a day and all I'm eating is salad and stir fry!
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Sugar is just a simple carb. As long as you have carbs don't worry about the sugar.
  • Oriole15
    Oriole15 Posts: 58
    Options
    You could have a small assortment of nice cheese.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    MFP's allowance for sugar is low. Don't worry about it, unless there is a medical reason you are only allowed that little. I go over my allowance every single day!
    Exactly right. Unless you're diabetic, pre-diabetic, or hypoglycemic, it's just a carb. Focus on your carbohydrate/protein/fat macros and ignore sugar.
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I would say to just make sure that any extra sugar you have today is healthy sugar, i.e. fruit. At least then it's healthy and not like you're eating sweets! Like someone else said, the sugar allowance is low on here!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Re-set your macros to ignore sugar (unless you have a health issue). I often have the same isse so I took it out of the equation and just have protein, fat and carbs.
  • Montarosa456
    Options
    Everyday I go over my sugar - My pattern would appear that this is because I love fruit/use honey etc!
    But I aim to (pretty much always) keep under my fats/carbs/salt etc and not worry about one red section :)
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    babybel cheese ftw
  • leannemd123
    Options
    Thanks for the help :) the sugar intake they suggest is very unrealistic. I'll just take note of the other ones they set out.
  • luvmynook
    luvmynook Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this since I too have been going over. After reading all the reply's I guess I won't worry too much about it as I don't have any underlying health issues. Thanks :)
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Just turn the sugar tracking off and keep to your carb target and you'll be fine :)
  • FlowersInTheDirt
    FlowersInTheDirt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this since I too have been going over. After reading all the reply's I guess I won't worry too much about it as I don't have any underlying health issues. Thanks :)

Me too! Im almost always over on my Sugar! So very glad you asked this question OP!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I ignore sugar too - I put it over one day with lite milk and a piece of fruit. So long as my carbs are under I don't care where sugar is now :)
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Like you said... Run! Burn those cals and make room for later meal/snack. Great job on the sugar...!!:wink::smile: