London girl looknig for a kick up the bum! :)

Options
Hi there,

I've been on MFP on and off for a year or so, but am now at the point where I need to take it seriously! My main problem is that I frequently work 10-12 hour days in an office and am either too sleepy to get up in the moring or too tired to work out in the evening. I need people to shout at me! I'm pretty good at keeping close to 1600 cals a day but it's just the excercise i'm strugglnig with...friends help needed!

look forward to chatting with you...x

Replies

• TheDramaQueen
    Options
    Hi there London Girl, I'm a Shropshire Girl who also needs a kick up the bum when it comes to exercising as I'm so blooming idle and put it off! So if you want to join forces and we can nag each other feel free to send me a FR

Jan x
  • shake89
    shake89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a London girl too .. I used to be quite bad with exercising, but have pushed myself and now have managed to get a routine going! Will add you ... x
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    From one London girl to another....

STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND GET ON WITH IT, TIRED? SO WHAT, WORKOUT AND YOU'LL GET THOSE FEEL GOOD ENDORPHINS FLOWING!!!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I'll kick your *kitten* from Dublin
  • abadmum
    abadmum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I'm in Sussex..

Do you get paid for your lunch break?? if not why are you giving your employer at least 2 and half hours free a week?!?!? Thats about 3 weeks work a year free!!

I use mine now to walk 15 minutes one way down the road/prom and 15 minutes back again.. thats a 1/2 hour walk every day during the week i don't have to think about!

Add me if you like :bigsmile:
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options

STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND GET ON WITH IT, TIRED? SO WHAT, WORKOUT AND YOU'LL GET THOSE FEEL GOOD ENDORPHINS FLOWING!!!

^^^ This. CAN@T BEAT SHOUTING IT OUT THERE.....lol
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Oh that says KICK...

Nevermind.
  • gottogetinshape
    gottogetinshape Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I've been on MFP on and off for a year or so, but am now at the point where I need to take it seriously! My main problem is that I frequently work 10-12 hour days in an office and am either too sleepy to get up in the moring or too tired to work out in the evening. I need people to shout at me! I'm pretty good at keeping close to 1600 cals a day but it's just the excercise i'm strugglnig with...friends help needed!

look forward to chatting with you...x

Hi, I'm also a London girl and I'm not very good at the exercise bit. My problem isn't so much lack of time as lack of energy and discipline. Maybe we can encourage each other. I'll send you a friend request.
  • kezza8888
    kezza8888 Posts: 75
    Options

^^^ THIS!! (Sorry!)

I'm Essex based, commuting to London daily, thus AT LEAST 12 hours every day door-to-door! I know it's hard, but the hardest part is breaking your current routine and getting into a new one!

Last week I did 4 x 6am work outs! Yes it was awful rolling out of bed and took everything I had AND the work out felt harder than it would in the evenings....BUT then it's over and done with and by the time I got out the shower I was feeling AMAZING! Better than if I had stayed in bed the extra 30-45mins!

I recommend short 25-30min jogs OR maybe a work out DVD in the living room? I am almost finished with Jillian Michaels 30 DS and one of the things I love is how quickly its over without compromising on sweat and effort! :-)

TRY HARDER! YOU CAN DO IT :-)

P.S. Feel free to add me for more tough love x
  • DarkSable
    DarkSable Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I also have a busy and sometimes stressful desk based job, and am trying hard to break the habit of sitting in front of a screen all hours of the day and night. Even if it's walking the dogs for 10 minutes.

I've also bought the 30 Day Shred DVD. I think I can at least make 20 minutes in my day to work-out, and the results from others on here have been amazing.