Cheerleader Body

Options
I used to cheer in high school (7 years ago). I would love to get a body of a cheerleader again. Anybody have any workout routines that would give me a cheerleader body?

Thanks for the help.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I used to cheer in high school (7 years ago). I would love to get a body of a cheerleader again. Anybody have any workout routines that would give me a cheerleader body?

Thanks for the help.
    Cheerling?:laugh:

Realistically, your body's shape at the time was due to being less overweight, so calorie deficit and simulate some exercises that you did for cheer. (IE, jumps, jacks, kicks) Just don't be too over enthusiastic and injure yourself.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Diet
    Step 2: Exercise
    Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Recall what you were doing to have that body in the first place and do it again. :)
  • rockon77
    rockon77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Starve yourself. That is what cheerleaders do.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Starve yourself. That is what cheerleaders do.

Oh come on. People of all walks of life/sports, etc., starve themselves. It is not intrinsic to cheerleading. My child is a cheerleader, and she definitely does not starve herself. She is incredibly physically fit though. She has visible arm, leg and abdominal muscles and is really, really strong and flexible. She does daily gymnastics, stretching and whole body weight exercises. There is no way in hell my kid could do what she does without eating a substantial amount of calories. She has to be able to keep up a high level of exercise for long stretches of time.

That said, if you want your body to be like it was when you were cheering, you need to exercise like you did then and eat well.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options

Thanks for the help.

See if you can find a tumbling class for adults where you live. Barring that, a jazz class might be lively enough to work the cheerleading muscles.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    Totally off subject but I like your ticker Vune
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I just hang out at the community college and try to get with the cheerleaders as they are leaving class.

*Oh, wait. I thought you meant something else... Lift heavy.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Diet
    Step 2: Exercise
    Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2
    This
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    stairmaster and jump rope
  • Vain_Witch
    Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Most gymnastics schools are willing to do private tumble lessons for adults. That would probably help. I coach cheerleading and one thing that I think really helps the girls is doing toe touch crunches (lie down on the ground and bring your legs up like you're doing a toe touch and crunch at the same time to touch your toes). That being said...I was a cheerleader a LONG time ago and, as an adult, I can't bring myself to tumble anymore. Even something as simple as a cartwheel...it no longer seems like a very smart idea to run and throw my face at the ground! lol!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Not to be an asshat, but you're not 18 anymore. Focus on training your adult body. Look forward not back. :happy:
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    We are silly, we, we are silly!
  • thehka
    thehka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i used to be a cheerleader; competitive and high school. i can say it wasnt the most fit stage in my life nor in my fellow cheerleaders hahah but i do miss it and ive heard of classes based on cheerleading routines or inspired by. they give you pom poms and everything haha hell maybe i'll look into it...
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Check out some adult tumble classes :)
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Totally off subject but I like your ticker Vune

Hey, thanks! I found it during a sleepless night on, ironically, Tumblr!
  • cjpembo
    cjpembo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Define "cheerleader body" ? A woman between 4'9" and 6'1" with a weight of 89 to 179 lbs ?

I'd like to run a 2 min half mile again... but I'm an adult now and just don't have the hormone levels that I had when I was 17: the ones that let me eat whatever I wanted and only weigh 165 and tear up the running track. As wswilliams67 said earlier: look forward, not backwards! Eat healthy, work out weights and cardio, and let the chips fall where they may. That will make you the happiest, long-term.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    but Black Dynamite, I like cheerleader's bodies.