Can't stop losing weight, how do I eat more calories?

Replies

• aren't you lucky :tongue: I wish I had your problem but I see that you dont want to be unhealthy "skinny" I would say eating more nuts, avocados, and incorperating protein shakes in there to help maintain!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Nuts, avocados, full fat dairy products, more whole grains, peanut butter, if you sweeten your coffee or tea use honey or sugar, dark chocolate - these are all calorie dense and with the exception of the sugar are good for you. Sugar's not really bad for you except in excess or if you're diabetic.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    I'm still losing weight doing this though. I might try and figure out a different approach. I'm not sure. Maybe I'm really not eating as much as I think I am. I haven't really been logging anymore because I'm below my goal weight and now technically underweight.
    I had this issue about a year and a half ago, so I can actually sympathize! I stopped logging in my calories and what-not, because I had lost all the weight I wanted to lose, but then I kept losing, dropping all the way to 101 pounds! I started tracking calories again and increasing my portion size very slightly every meal to get myself back up to weight, but it took a few months. Sometimes it helped to add a higher fat content dressing to a salad, or eat my apple with some peanut butter - all nutritous items. Got up to weight again, stopped counting my calories again, then gained another 7 pounds on top of that! So now I'm back to trying to lose it again. I'm down to 112, and within 2 pounds of my goal weight.

I think the moral of the story is: keep tracking your calories, even if you get to your goal weight! Good luck.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Google calorie dense foods...

Examples are...

Nuts
    Nut butters
    Butter
    Olive oil
    Avacados
    Cheese
    Hummus

Add more of them to your foods.

Eat full fat versions of things instead of lowl fat.

Oats in a morning? Add whole milk, and a banana..

Snack... Nuts!

Lunch... Having a salad? Add virgin olive oil dressing, olives, hummus, Avacado, seeds or cheese. Quinoa or brown rice would probably be good additions to.

Snack... Little wedge of cheese, few spoons of nuts butter with a banana.

Dinner... Good sized piece of meat, some greens and some carb dense vegetables. Sweet potatoes are a great option.

Snack... Air popped popcorn or some full fat yogurt with fruit. I like to add a few chocolate drops. If your feeling naughty ice cream bumps things up very quickly!

These are all healthy fats, and will help you get to your calorie goals without having to eat unhealthy foods.

Hope that gives you some ideas!

Zara.

(Oh and I wish I had this problem. This is similar to how I eat, just a few calorie dense additions)
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    :love: :love: Peanut butter :love: :love:

end of thread.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Ok, guys, I say we eat the OP.
  • staciedee10
    staciedee10 Posts: 90 Member
    Add more calories to each meal or eat more often. Drink a protein shake (I drink forza pro mint chocolate with water which is yummy! You could add peanut butter, milk, nuts, fruits for more calories). I would not give up exercising - just add more healthy calories to your meal - eggs, oats, avocados, protein shakes, etc.
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Snack on brazil nuts. at nearly 100 calories for 3 nuts you should have no problem reaching your daily calories. If you want to go wild have chocolate brazil nuts.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Add more calorie dense foods into your diet. Like nuts(any variety, opt for unsalted, etc) Seeds, Peanut Butter, healthy oils for dressing or cooking, Milk, cheese, etc.
  • ourglasswalls
    ourglasswalls Posts: 44 Member
    Adding healthy fats is usually the way to go. Cooking your meal in olive oil, nuts, nut butters, avocado etc.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Adding healthy fats is usually the way to go. Cooking your meal in olive oil, nuts, nut butters, avocado etc.

steak cooked in peanut butter sounds like a winner!
  • meldel49
    meldel49 Posts: 30 Member
    Before you start stuffing your face I would recommend you have a complete physical to make sure there is nothing wrong and that is why you are losing weight. Not to scare you, but do that first and then go stuff your face. :sick:
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    When I had this issue last year, I opted for full fat versions of Greek yogurt, also 4% cottage cheese over 2%... I can't remember what else... But, also, I dropped from working out 6 days per week to 3-4 days per week. That and the slightly more calorie dense foods helped me get to a point where the losses tapered off. I still fluctuate. My goal weight was 140, I range from 136-141 and I'm ok with that. But at the time, the scale kept dropping and it had become a little worrisome to me. Now I'm maintaining (in that range) and have been for 8 months.
  • Wow, wish I had this problem lol. What is your diet like? :smile:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    You can indulge now. It's okay.

But to add more calories to your meals, you could add some olive oil to your proteins. It's an easy way to add calories without expanding the size of your meals.
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Figure out your BMR and TDEE and plan your meals. You planned them to lose weight. Your smart enough to plan them to gain.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    You know the saying "I love you like a fat kid loves cake"...

It's not a coincidence.

(from a former fat kid ;)
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Is nobody else alarmed by the OP's 20lbs of weight loss in 2 months, when they only had 20lbs to loose?

o_O
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Nuts, avocados, full fat dairy products, more whole grains, peanut butter, if you sweeten your coffee or tea use honey or sugar, dark chocolate - these are all calorie dense and with the exception of the sugar are good for you. Sugar's not really bad for you except in excess or if you're diabetic.

This. nuts, avocado's, fatty fish such as salmon, more fruit and berries which are naturally high on sugar but also all sorts of vitamins. Good healthy grains, such as oats and barley - boiled with some butter and salt... yum! Substitute the low-cal or fat-free dairy (partially) with full-fat versions. This way you won't be eating more volume - as you said, your body has gotten used to the smaller quantities, and this is only good! just make sure you still get the right amount of calories in :)

also, to all the snarkers here, shame on you! someone genuinely wants to stop losing weight and do so in a healthy way and all you have for advice is "have more cake. you were losing too fast anyways, you're unhealthy. stop working out"
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member

also, to all the snarkers here, shame on you! someone genuinely wants to stop losing weight and do so in a healthy way and all you have for advice is "have more cake. you were losing too fast anyways, you're unhealthy. stop working out"

What's wrong with cake? If you think I feel shamed then you are sorely mistaken.

In the context of an otherwise good diet where portion size is being exercised and nutritional bases covered off there is absolutely nothing wrong with food which has a high calorie density with little volume. If anything that's exactly what he needs.

Yeah, he could get it from nuts, dried fruit or whatever.

He could also get it from cake.