Need motivation

Options
debrag12
debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
So since January I have lost 14 lbs but since Feb/Mar I have been gaining then loosing then gaining etc. I started at 203lbs I went down to 188.7lbs now I'm 192.6lbs. I would like to get to 164lbs by Sptember 20th for when I go on holiday.

I joined a gym and at first I went all the time and was excited when I had a day off so I could go. Lately I haven't been going so much and I'm still working on my food intake.

My calories are 1734 per day and I'm 5ft 1ins.

I just tried to do the fit test for Insanity and I couldn't even do that. I need to get back into the gym and stop having crap food. I think May will be a new start for me.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dont wait till may, start NOW!

plus how can you 'not do' the insanity fit test? even the most unfit person could do one rep of each move, surely? the point isnt to be able to do 100s of reps at the first test, otherwise what would be the point in doing the programme? you get better each time do you a fit test throughout the programme, thats how it works!
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Hi there - first of all - congrats on losing and knowing you want to lose more. I am 5'2" and also know you cannot eat very much to maintain and too lose feels like you are not eating much. You need to exercise to be able to eat more so.... here is what works for me.

I get up and weigh myself every day - yes, this is a controversial topic as you MUST be able to mentally handle the 2-3 lb weight gain even if you are following your plan. It is only water weight and will come off in a few days. I do this to stop from shoving things into my mouth as I know I will have to face the scale in the morning. I then log my food and exercise and read some of these motivational blogs.

I do slip up but... get right back on track. I feel like crap for a few days and I get pissed at myself for eating crap but... this is a lifelong thing and not a "diet" until I lose the weight.

You can do it!!!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    dont wait till may, start NOW!

plus how can you 'not do' the insanity fit test? even the most unfit person could do one rep of each move, surely? the point isnt to be able to do 100s of reps at the first test, otherwise what would be the point in doing the programme? you get better each time do you a fit test throughout the programme, thats how it works!

well yes I could do 1 rep, maybe I should just start very small.

I am starting today but thinking May is on Wednesday, I can use these two days to try and sort things out.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Just get yourself moving! Gym, Insanity, P90X - it doesn't matter, you need to move! Get it into your mind that exercise is a daily task, just like washing the dishes and brushing your teeth. It isn't just to lose weight, it's to get your heart healthy and maintain it, to sweat out toxins, to tone your body, to keep you limber, to improve your attitude and a plethora of other things that it will do for you. When I switched my mindset from "I HAVE to exercise to lose weight," to "I WANT to exercise to be in the best shape of my life and stay that way," it made all the difference.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I am starting today but thinking May is on Wednesday, I can use these two days to try and sort things out.
    [/quote]
    Wednesday is two days way...tomorrow is like a fatal word to fitness. You want motivation. STOP WAITING! START NOW! It may seem overwhelming and almost anyone can find things that need sorting out BUT! There will always be things that need to be sorted out, therefore always things stopping you. I am sure you can pencil in at least 20-60 mins a day for exercise...there are 1440 mins in a day.

I wish you the best of luck! But if you don't have time, MAKE IT.
  • MRSHHJONES
    MRSHHJONES Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this!!! You MUST do this!!! Someone recently sent my sister a note, who is also on here, who feels much that same as you do, and said, "this isn't something we quit, this is LIFE"! This is a learning experience for all of us... Friend me if you like and I would be glad to encourage you along the path to your GOAL!:flowerforyou: