walking/running shorts...

Options
I am wondering about the danskin running shorts from walmart, If they are any good and if they ride up I in the crotch area, I have large thighs and this is a big problem I face and its getting really warm to be wearing pants or capris. any help would be great. (And I cannot afford any high dollar shorts)

Replies

• sarahDickson501
    sarahDickson501 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    bump (I'd like to know too)
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Try compression shorts under whatever shorts you use for running. You can find cheap, or expensive ones.

I can't run without them.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the shorts - but I wear Danskin capris and shirts all the time.

I second the vote for compression shorts under your running shorts.

Also, check out TJ Maxx. You can get some good workout clothes pretty cheap.
  • helmsara
    helmsara Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have some of those shorts. I use them when I go running (3-4 times a week), and I haven't had an issue with them. The only problem is that they tend to be a bit more see through than the more expensive brands. I just wear some leggings/spandex shorts underneath. You really can't beat the price though!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one--I'm pretty thin these days, but I still experience thigh-rubbing when I run! I might take some of these tips and try out the compression shorts.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Compression all the way. Heck, I skip the over layer these days, but compression shorts save the thighs and the embarrassment of creeping up.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts are great - but if you have rubbing issues I suggest getting Body Glide - stops the friction completely.
  • smithvigsen
    Options
    I've got another proposal for you -- running skirts! I love mine so much. I don't worry about shorts-creep anymore, and they're so cute. I'm probably more on the vain side, but I am more enthused about running if I love what I'm wearing. TJMaxx has tonnnnnnns of them. Good luck!
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I would say try them and if you don't like them return them cause you can return anything at Wallmart ;D
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest the "skorts.' Compression shorts underneath, skirt on top. Really cute. I prefer pants or capris, but the other ladies on my team wear these and look adorable, AND are comfortable!
  • wiebelnancy
    wiebelnancy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love these shorts from Walmart!! Just be sure to get the 7 inch ones. My goal is that one day my thighs will no longer rub together, but I'm not there yet. Also do not have a very big budget. Good Luck!!
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts all the way. I can't run with shorts without them. And I just bought some at Wa-Mart for a good price, where I get all my running clothes. I am thrifty that way!
  • bonjalandoni
    bonjalandoni Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Try to find something like this, my friends love em..

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens-ua-sonic-25-shorty/pid1235053-023
  • elemkc
    elemkc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think anything that length is going to ride up some. One thing though if you do go with these, don't get them bigger than your regular size. I had to go down in size with another brand because mine were starting to ride up as I lost weight. I say just go for some tight spandex underneath. These are cute! I will probably order too!! :p
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    These are cute! I will probably order too!! :p
    That's what I was thinking too! :laugh: