Medical reason not losing?

Options
Do these reasons really exist? I am going to the doctor soon and need to know what to ask them to check for because I'm confused as crap. I measure my food, I measured my exercise, now I'm trying this eat more crap method, because god knows eating at and under my bmr did squat. Does anyone actually have a medical reason that makes weight loss harder?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    hypothyroidism <- I don't have it personally, but some of the women on my Mom's side of the family do. Unmedicated it can actually cause weight gain and make it hard to lose weight
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I agree...def get a complete thyroid testing done.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Insulin resistance can make it harder to lose. Get a fasting glucose as well.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    agree - thyroid and glucose tolerance
  • NoirDancer
    Options
    As a woman in addition to hypothyroidism and insulin resistance, you may also want to consider the possibility of polycystic oversyndrome.
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    There are no reasons for not losing at all. But some do make it harder. Next to the ones mentioned above also quite some medication have an influence on this.
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    yes, PCOS also known as Polysystic Ovarian Syndrom can make it harder to loose.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I have issues losing weight and although I hate referring to myself as a special snowflake I do feel like I don't follow a normal weight loss pattern.In over a year and a half I will gain and than lose the same 5 lbs over and over again. So frustrating! I've had a blood panel to check for thyroid issues and pcos and mine all came back great and in normal range. So,you should definitely go and get tested just to ease your mind. I know hypothyroidism runs in my family which is why I think I am borderline which makes it hard to lose. Sucks!!