Too Full for All My Calories

Options
So I am trying to make sure I eat the number of recomended calores that MFP is suggesting that I eat....Well for 1, I get full by trying to keep up w/ the calories and #2, if I excercise that day, and burn calories and I need to eat them back...I don't think my stomach can take all of that...I'm just mainly trying to tone up my stomach by eating right and excercising...What should I do???

5'6
147lbs
32 1/2 inch waist

Replies

• Lmullaney79
    Lmullaney79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i think other people will jump in as well, but most people seem NOT to eat back the calories burned
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary. Doesn't seem like you're having much trouble. Everything looks great.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    MFP isn't about trying to eat the fewest possible number of calories. It's about learning to eat at a healthy level for your body - not too much and not too little. So you do need to eat all of your base calories and at least half of your exercise calories.

Here are some ideas for adding healthy calories:

Chicken with the skin
    Steak
    Cheese
    Whole eggs (including deviled eggs, egg salad)
    Full fat dairy (including cottage cheese, yogurt)
    Fruit,
    Peanut butter or other nut butters
    Nuts
    Avocado
    Dried fruit (raisins, apricots, apples)
    Brown rice
    Dark chocolate
    Salmon
    Add Chia seeds to salads or yogurt
    Olive oil
    Smoothies
    Granola/sports nutrition bars
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie-dense food. There are lots of high-calorie foods that are healthy and good for you. Nuts and avocado are 2 excellent examples. There are many others. Avoid 'low-fat' and 'fat-free' if you're having a hard time getting enough calories into you.
  • lausmit4477
    lausmit4477 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie-dense food. There are lots of high-calorie foods that are healthy and good for you. Nuts and avocados are 2 excellent examples.

^This
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Eating back your calories depends on how you calculated what you need to eat. If you calculated TDEE and included your exercise when determining your activity level, you do not want to eat your exercise calories back. If you calculated TDEE and did not include your exercise, you do want to eat them back. Some great things to add to your diet to boost your calories:

Nuts
    Avocados
    Dark chocolate
    Full fat dairy products
    Whole grains or whole grain products
    Peanut butter
    Honey
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    2 tablespoons PB are 200 cals., handful of nuts are over 200 cals!! Eat more dense food!!! It's really not that hard!! :happy:
  • kandykane2013
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here but I just had a quick question. I logged 2 whole eggs scrambled and it said about 208 calories. I thought 1 eggs was about 70-75 calories. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Why don`t you try a tdee calculator like this one tow tell you how many calories you need for your exercise level. That way you don`t have to add your exercise calories. Just eat around 20% below what the calculator suggests you should be eating if you want to lose weight?

You could also try a protein shake to bring your calories up?

I see at the moment when you are exercising you are netting below the 1200 cals?
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    The food entries come from other members on MFP mainly and they may have included oil/greaase or butter to increase the calories.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    So I am trying to make sure I eat the number of recomended calores that MFP is suggesting that I eat....Well for 1, I get full by trying to keep up w/ the calories and #2, if I excercise that day, and burn calories and I need to eat them back...I don't think my stomach can take all of that...I'm just mainly trying to tone up my stomach by eating right and excercising...What should I do???

5'6
    147lbs
    32 1/2 inch waist

If your diet is nutritionally balanced and you feel good, don't force yourself to eat just to eat. MFP provides RECOMMENDATIONS, that is all. If you're concerned, get your blood work done.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

5'6
    147lbs
    32 1/2 inch waist

If you can't even eat enough calories to lose weight properly, how did you get overweight in the first place?

The answer is that you don't need to eat foods you think of as "super healthy" and low calorie. Eat some avocado, ice cream, pizza, Pop-Tarts, butter, rice, pasta, etc.

Eat more of the stuff you used to eat.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Eat higher calorie food - I'm sure you can force some nuts down, or add a tbsp of oil to a dish.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    i think other people will jump in as well, but most people seem NOT to eat back the calories burned

This.

Except the exact opposite.

Eat em.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

5'6
    147lbs
    32 1/2 inch waist

You only have two days of logging in your diary as far as I see.

Log consistently. Hit your calorie goal. Eat higher-calorie food to do so if necessary.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Going by your diary, it doesn't seem like you've been logging for very long, and most of the time you make it to goal. Sometimes you'll go over, and sometimes you'll be a little bit under, and that's all ok. It works out over the course of the week.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

This.

Except the exact opposite.

Eat em.

Uh yeah This.

You know... EAT THEM. lol
    Lots of people scarf back those cals - and I depend on them.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here but I just had a quick question. I logged 2 whole eggs scrambled and it said about 208 calories. I thought 1 eggs was about 70-75 calories. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Whoever made that entry probably included the fat they cooked the eggs in. It is a recipe entry, rather that just the calories from the eggs.

If the calories in the database seem off, here is a good place to verify them: http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

It's good forum etiquette to start your own topic.

That said, instead of entering "scrambled eggs" from the database, enter the raw ingredients you used. 2 whole raw eggs, however much milk, oil/butter etc. Look for the database entries with no asterisk because those have been checked against the USDA database. Adding "raw" will help with logging accuracy as well.