3.5 lbs ... ?

Options

Replies

• atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    That's more than most lose in a week. Be happy because there will be weeks where you rejoice in losing TENTHS of a pound or even staying at the same weight. Weight loss and getting fit is a long journey, enjoy your successes and keep going.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    This is a bad joke.
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Why 3 hours running? Its a bit excessive...

I would be thrilled to lose 3lbs in a week, in fact I have been when its happened to me. Life is not the biggest loser.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I'd go with happy. If I ran 3 hours every day for a week, I'd be in the hospital.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    it is my dream to step on the scale on monday morning and have it show a 20 pound weight loss! LOL however, that really isn't how it works. a 3.5 loss is great! especially if you dont have a lot to lose. great job! keep it up :)
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    3 hours a day? Not even a horse can handle that! You're going to hurt your dog with that much exercise. Seriously. It's bad for their joints. No animal naturally runs that amount.
  • Argentino
    Argentino Posts: 52
    Options
    3.5? You should really lose a pound a day.... so... it should be more like 7lbs a week.

You should probably eat more.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    3.5lbs???? hey, sounds like a WINNER to me!
  • CupcakeDefeater
    CupcakeDefeater Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Not a joke. The reason I am disapointed about it is because I have 120lbs to lose and people keep telling me that people my size should lose 8lbs+ the first week of eating well and exercising. I have been on here a while lost a bit gained a bit but last week i really went for it.
    I understand people would be well chuffed with that result and i would be normally, just not my first week... no offense was meant with this post just needed a bit of a boost
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    This
    Are you kidding me? :huh:

...and this.
    ...why have you been running for 3 hours a day?
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Dear, 3.5 is great, you're not on Biggest Loser, you're in real life. look back after 10 weeks, and then you'll gave some kind of gauge, don't get so worried about week 1! Also, if you're really running 3 hrs a day (I train for half marathons and know I couldn't sustain that), you may want to come up with a better exercise plan that's sustainable. Looking at one week as the end-all is huge mistake number one for getting in shape, slow and steady wins the race!
  • morkiemama
    Options
    Not a joke. The reason I am disapointed about it is because I have 120lbs to lose and people keep telling me that people my size should lose 8lbs+ the first week of eating well and exercising. I have been on here a while lost a bit gained a bit but last week i really went for it.
    I understand people would be well chuffed with that result and i would be normally, just not my first week... no offense was meant with this post just needed a bit of a boost

Seriously though, 3lbs is GREAT! :)

If you went from not doing much to running 3 hours a day, your body is like OMGWTF and is likely retaining water for muscle repair from the strenuous activity that it is not used to. Just be patient and stick with the journey and the weight will come off. <3 You got this!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    3 pounds in one week and I would be throwing a parade down a major intersection to celebrate.

I lost .2 this week. That's right, not even 1 pound and let me tell you I worked my *kitten* off.

I am not bitter. :grumble: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CupcakeDefeater
    Options

If you went from not doing much to running 3 hours a day, your body is like OMGWTF and is likely retaining water for muscle repair from the strenuous activity that it is not used to. Just be patient and stick with the journey and the weight will come off. <3 You got this!

Thank you! Yeah i wasn't being an *kitten* lol, trust me 3.5 when im a tad smaller will have me jumping for joy! its just when im so big i have that much more to lose lol!
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Put it in numbers form (even if that my be out...)

Someone mentioned that you're set to lose 1lb a week by your MFP deficit. So that's 3500 cals (apparently this is how many you have to burn to lose a lb apparently?)... you've burned an extra 7000ish calories and lost that extra 2lbs!!! Amazing!
  • CupcakeDefeater
    Options
    Dear, 3.5 is great, you're not on Biggest Loser, you're in real life. look back after 10 weeks, and then you'll gave some kind of gauge, don't get so worried about week 1! Also, if you're really running 3 hrs a day (I train for half marathons and know I couldn't sustain that), you may want to come up with a better exercise plan that's sustainable. Looking at one week as the end-all is huge mistake number one for getting in shape, slow and steady wins the race!

well running for me may not be the same as smaller people lol. its more like a marshmallow wobbling in the wind! but i keep going until i done my lap through the woods (which is 1 hour) come home at lunch and do the same so dogs not on his own all day then once when i get home (in eve) so not all in one go! your training for marathons?! i cant wait till im able to do that! i am really enjoying the dodgy running! thank you!
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    ...why have you been running for 3 hours a day?
    That was my question...
  • CupcakeDefeater
    Options
    please read ubove- the poor dog is basically sleepwalking it as im so slow!
  • morkiemama
    Options

Thank you! Yeah i wasn't being an *kitten* lol, trust me 3.5 when im a tad smaller will have me jumping for joy! its just when im so big i have that much more to lose lol!

And you WILL lose it... just not in a week ;) hee hee. Remember, be the tortoise. Slow and steady. <3
  • CupcakeDefeater
    Options

And you WILL lose it... just not in a week ;) hee hee. Remember, be the tortoise. Slow and steady. <3

Ha! your very right, its just when other people (I weigh in at a slimming group) go oh i lost 10lbs my first week! im like oh sH"t lol! xxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!