Fat knees !

Options
Ok so my calves and thighs are toning up nicely, yet theres this weird knee fat that will NOT shift ! Any ideas fitness gurus ? At the moment I do about an hour of cardio a day , I know its impossible to lose weight from one specific area but are there any exercises I can do to tone this area ??

Replies

• HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have this exact same problem, they almost fold over each other, even though I am rather slim everywhere else.

Squats and lunges seem to help me, but im wondering if its maybe genetics :(
  • funkylemur
    funkylemur Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump anyone ?!
  • overshadows
    overshadows Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My knees (and thighs) slim down from diet, and diet alone.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    You're not talking about you knee cap are you?

You know that's a bone right?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Ok so my calves and thighs are toning up nicely, yet theres this weird knee fat that will NOT shift ! Any ideas fitness gurus ? At the moment I do about an hour of cardio a day , I know its impossible to lose weight from one specific area but are there any exercises I can do to tone this area ??

So, if I understand you correctly...you want to "tone your kneecap"...did I get that right?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Laughing-smiley-face-4.gif
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    oh my god
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    At the moment I do about an hour of cardio a day

Found the problem
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I hate my knees too... I'm going to start lifting heavy so hopefully the muscles around my knees will help my knees look less chubby haha... at the moment I think they just look fat cos all my thigh fat is making everything look fat!
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    I have noticed with time that all areas seem to change eventually - I am 18# in to my journey for best health. I am confident that as the days and #'s continue to pass that the chubby areas will evaporate, ok, at least reduce in size. Continue that journey to better health my friend! You may consider mixing up your exercise routine and adding some other things - I recently started 30DS and feel as though there is a bit of difference even after only 3 days - must stay positive:smile::smile: :smile:
  • sailawaykate
    Options
    I'm guessing you don't mean your kneecap, but the fat just above?

Less cardio, more strength training. Cardio is by no means bad (I love to distance-ish run), but you're not building any muscle in those areas with just cardio. Even with a little extra fat, stronger thigh muscles will make your legs appear much more shapely.

And don't worry, as your bf% goes down, you'll lose it in those last stubborn areas, too. :)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    plus a full helping of self acceptance. strong knees rock!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I understand. Have fat knees too.
    7004343452_7d017867f7.jpg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The "fat knee" thing is largely a product of the ratio between the thigh and the knee. There is little you can do about it besides get lean and build large thigh and calf muscles to make it look slimmer. The size of the knee area itself is mostly a product of ligament and muscle shape in the absence of excess fat stores.

In other words, don't worry about it and no one cares.
  • overshadows
    overshadows Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I get a soft spot on the inside of my legs, just above the kneecap. Definitely fat - not bone, ligament, etc.. since it goes away pretty quickly when I start to lose weight.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options

Where?

In the closet?
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Knee lipo

;) lol
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Where?

In the closet?

:laugh:
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I feel like my knees are not best feature. They look better now but not good.
  • meglet175
    meglet175 Posts: 98
    Options
    Ahhh, my first thought is to be kind to yourself and love your chubby little knees just as they are. Do they move you from point A to point B without difficulty? With all we're hearing on the news lately, I can't help but think that there are a lot of Bostonians who would give just about anything to have knees just like yours...