They zipped...I can still breathe!!!

Options
ritodcin03
ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
I've been on MFP for about a month and a half, and I only weighed myself at the beginning. I've been using a tape measure because I don't own a scale and if I bought one, I'm pretty sure I would be on it 2-3 times a day! So for my own sanity, I decided I'd wait until the next trip to my boyfriend's parents house at the end of July because that is where I weighed myself the first time.

I recently gave away 3 bags of clothes to a homeless shelter because I couldn't even get them up over my hips. These were clothes that I was wearing last summer! In the past year and a half, I've gained thirty pounds. Although I've always been a healthy eater and fairly active, I recently developed a thyroid problem and weight gain came up on me like a runaway freight train. So, I got rid of the reminders of a thinner me...with the exception of two pairs of pants.

This morning, I got up and the first thing I did was go to the closet and try one of the pairs on. They have a side zip and the last time I tried, there was a two inch gap where the zipper was supposed to meet. Today they zipped up with relative ease and only minimal muffin top!! I still have a long way to go for the other pants. They are my super skinny jeans from the summer of 2006. But I plan to be in those by the time the weather cools down!

I wouldn't have been able to get my weight under control if my sister hadn't sent me the link to MFP! I can't tell you how motivating it is for me when I go on to the message boards and see how hard everyone is working. Whenever I'm ready to buckle, I go right to the success stories and it's so much easier to step away from the donuts! Keep up the good work MFP-ers. I'm so grateful to all of you!

Stephanie

Replies

• Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    So awesome! It's such a great feeling. I have to force myself to only weigh in once a week but I finally went shopping last night to buy some new pants. I cannot wear the old ones anymore because they fall off my butt!! This is such a great site for motivation and keeping ourselves accountable for our actions! Keep up the good work!!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    My sister also introduced me to this site and a couple more family members followed me on. I love it. It keeps me responsible!
    Also, since I have cut out so many of those bad fats, my mouth really does not like the feel of a greasy, fattening donut or other unhealthy food. I eat one occasionally, but not every week, or day, like before!
    Hugs, fellow healthy person! :drinker:
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That's an AWESOME story keep it up and U will be zipping that other pair of pants in no time. I lost 20 pounds with the help of this Site in 2 1/2 monthes so I know where you are coming from it is an AWESOME feeling to be able to fit into something again. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ADD me if you want a new friend. :smile:
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to my boyfriend's parents house on July 31, so the big weigh in will happen then. Although, it almost doesn't matter now that I've found my magic pants!
  • molberts
    molberts Posts: 35
    Options
    yay well done! I'm about 3 inches away from zipping up my "magic pants" but they wouldnt even go past my thighs before so happy days! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!