So sick of restarting

Options
I have a few good days in a row...and then 5 bad days. Since Thursday I have really eaten nothing but crap. Fried food, 5 days in a row...including the chicken finger dinner that I just finished :( ughhh I don't know what is wrong with me. I know I can do this, I've done it before but I'm having a really hard time right now. I feel disgusting. I haven't been to the gym in like a week. I was supposed to go tonight but skipped.
I just want to be able to stick to eating healthy and start loosing weight again. I need help. I can't find my will power and motivation.

Replies

• matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I dont think I understand the question
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    We can't find it for you.

You just don't want it bad enough..
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You really have to want to do this. You need to be in a good head space....Do you reallyw ant to lose weight? If you do then you should be putting things in motion.

Log all your food even if its just a guess - that will give you an idea of just how badly you are eating and a reality check.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    self discipline can accomplish amazing things. give it a try.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

QFT.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options

QFT.

I'm being lazy
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You talked a lot about *what* you ate with no reference to *how much* you ate. Perhaps address the *how much* first, and then worry more about the what.

And what deficit level are you trying to stick to?
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    The key is to separate attitude from behavior. We all have to do things that we do not like to do, so on days where you lack motivation, work through it anyway.

In other words, "you must unlearn what you have learned". Yes, I just quoted Yoda.
  • malmbr
    malmbr Posts: 26
    Options
    I completely understand your frustration - I'm there myself. But you're the only one who can do this. There is no magic cure - it's gotta start inside. I'm starting over again too (today actually) and know from LOTS of personal experience how hard it is. Fortunately, there are a couple of ladies in my office who are on this journey as well - one has been working on herself for a while and looks great! (She's serving as my inspiration.) The other just started today too, so she's my measuring stick, so to speak. (Plus she's kinda pushy, so if I start slipping back into old habits, she's the kind that just might yank a knot in my hinder to get me back on the start and narrow.) :-)

I think a good support system is the most important thing you can have in your life when you're trying to get healthy and change some bad habits. Not only here on the message boards, but also in real life. And not just a cheerleader, but also someone who's going through it too.

Since you're not going to the gym, would it be possible for you to at least take a walk around the block? That's better than nothing!

Good luck to both of us!!!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Did you try.blowing in the cartridge?
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I find that logging my food is sometimes enough motivation to keep going.
    I also know how much work I need to do to burn 100 calories and it makes me think twice about indulging in chocolate, a pastry or other treat. If you substitute the junk food in your diet for healthier choices you might find that you will immediately start eliminating a lot of calories from your diet.
    Your exercise/gym routine should be something that is easily part of your routine. Don't limit your calorie burning time to the gym. If you can - leave the car behind or get off the public transport one stop early and walk the distance, walk during lunch time.
    In no time you will start feeling better and have more energy and that will positive feedback is fantastic motivation to keep going. Focus on better health rather than weight loss alone.
    Wishing you all the best,

Ben
  • nancyhall18
    Options
    You need to be in the zone...the right frame of mind. Surround yourself with people that can help you. (like MFP buddies) And remember what happened in the past is done. Pick yourself up and move on!!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lcne6x90aW1qf1irgo1_500.gif
  • bolins95
    bolins95 Posts: 9
    Options
    I hear ya...I started the south beach a month ago, I was on ph 1 for like 3 weeks and couldn't keep on it, the weather in IL the last couple of weeks has been chilly, like winter. Its like my body wants to go into hibernation mode and I want to eat comforting satisfying food! uuug ghh..... so finally I said that's it, last wed I started it for real this time, no cheating and I have lost 6 1/2 lbs so far...in 5 days! so amazing, every morning I step on the scale I cant believe it! you just gotta get out of that slump! its frustrating, but you can do it! just set a day and do it!!!!!
  • its_betty
    its_betty Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It's not all or nothing. If you don't feel like going to the gym, can you get out for a walk or bike ride? If you want chicken fingers for dinner, can you skip the fries and eat a healthier breakfast and lunch? Celebrate when you stick to your plan, but don't beat yourself up if you don't: just pick yourself up and do a little something healthy for yourself.

If you only have a little to lose, it can be tough. At least that is true for me. I weigh 150 and aim to weigh 140 and have stronger muscles and better endurance. I have to be pretty perfect on calories and exercise to lose a noticeable amount. But if I'm not, that's ok. It's living like a regular person, not a dieter. So long as I am not gaining weight, I'm doing ok. Losing less than a half pound a week means that it will take a while to lose 10 pounds, but it's a lot healthier for me in the long run than gaining. Or obsessing.
  • cheekychops1412
    Options
    Hi there...I understand your frustration, but only you can get your life back on track. Maybe you could identify your triggers for self-destruction - after all we all eat for a number of reasons and it's not all about hunger! Boredom, PMT, anger, tiredness or illness etc. can all be catalysts for relapses and so long as you can identify yours, you're half way there. Brush yourself down, reflect on your day and tomorrow is brand new and untouched to start afresh! You can do it and good luck! x
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Forget about all the ignorance posted here.....their brains havent fully developed to their full potential.

Im in the same boat as you...so I can relate. Its not that we dont want it bad enough; we do. Its something else going on inside our brains that causes us to give into this type of behavior.

Add me for support :flowerforyou:
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone
  • 1trueheart
    1trueheart Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    don't beat yourself up over it. Just get back on track and try to figure out what's causing you to keep straying. I have found that making video diaries helps me get things off my chest and out of my head. In the past when I was worried about something or stressed I'd eat and just have all these thoughts in my head and before I knew it, I'd eaten so much bad food and then felt guilty over it and the process started all over again. So to avoid that when something is bothering me I make a video diary. Do whatever you have to do to get over than hump. And exercise is a great stress reliever too. Hang in there
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Forget about all the ignorance posted here.....their brains havent fully developed to their full potential.

Im in the same boat as you...so I can relate. Its not that we dont want it bad enough; we do. Its something else going on inside our brains that causes us to give into this type of behavior.

Add me for support :flowerforyou:

So, everyone else's brain isn't fully developed, but yours isn't functioning properly? :huh: