New to site!

Options
Hi, this is the first time I've used or heard of this site and I love it so far, its perfect for me and my ocd ways lol.

I started dieting last week and have lost 2lbs! I really have a tough time getting exercise cause I'm agoraphobic and obviously I'm confined to my house. A week ago I started doing crunches for the first time ever and can comfortably do 150 a night but I really need other exercise for the other parts of my body!

Anyway, Hi everyone, hope I get to meet some nice people on here and we all can reach our goals with a little help!

Replies

• Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I completely love this site too!!! I don't get to the gym much either since I am a stay at home mom of two busy kids!!! I love the at home workout DVDs, you tube videos, and on demand workouts! 30 min and you are done!!! Feel free to add for support!!!
  • Tinamac1
    Tinamac1 Posts: 39
    Options
    Hey I'm agoraphobic as well! Using cognitive behavioral therapy I have been able to overcome a lot of my fear but I do not go to the gym so I do everything at home. I love Zumba that is what I have been doing lately its really fun and gets your heart pumping!

Good luck I hope this site is as helpful to you as it is to me!
  • KandySkull82
    Options
    Wow, I never thought that there would be someone with the same problem as me! Its good to know that there is a bright future ahead! x
  • NadineSabbagh
    NadineSabbagh Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It's nice to know I'm not alone! I was diagnosed with agoraphobia a couple of years ago, for various reasons (weight played a big factor though), and I thought I was the only one! It took a long time, but I'm now at a stage where I'm able to leave the house relatively comfortably (however I do still have my off days!)

The agoraphobia really hindered my exercising too, but it's surprising how good a workout you can do just in your bedroom! If you need any support with anything agoraphobia related, or ideas for workouts you can do at home then I'll be happy to help :)
  • Tinamac1
    Tinamac1 Posts: 39
    Options
    Wow, I never thought that there would be someone with the same problem as me! Its good to know that there is a bright future ahead! x

:)