Are you a glass half full or glass half empty person?

Options

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I'm usually optimistic, there are just times when things start to get to me and then I head into a glass is empty omg what am i going to do now? depressed spiral. My boyfriend said i'm incredibly optimistic unless it comes to myself, then i always think the worst. but about life in general i typically look on the bright side.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I am an opportunist! I will drink it while you guys argue about this :bigsmile:
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    For me it depends on the glass, as in the situation. I've never met anyone 100% glass half full, and the same goes for 100% glass half empty people. I think as humans we all have ups and downs, and the rough moments in life make the happy moments even more worthwhile. Well that's my opinion anyway.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I am positive.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    But, I thikn that analogy is bad, having a glass half empty or half full. Makes no sense. If I am drinking and enjoying myself I am happy to be emptying it. Then again, I am also happy to be filling it up for another round too.

Too vague.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Either way I look at it, I still have half a glass.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    My glass is always at least half full... You just don't always know what's in it! I am a very positive person, but I'm also very realistic. I don't think you have to be oblivious in order to be happy and look on the bright side of things and always hope for the best. I always hope for the best but prepare for all outcomes.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm a scorpio/libra cusp. Which means it's always half full and more is on the way, unless someone messes with me/disappoints me once. Then, their glass is more like 3/4 empty.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    When I see a half glass, I see an opportunity to make it full rather than a problem that it's not yet full.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I'm always positive. To the point it bothers some people.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm an Engineer - either the glass was spec'ed incorrectly, or there was a problem with the beverage delivery system which requires further investigation....
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    doesnt matter, its really poison
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My cup runeth over. :drinker:
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm always positive. To the point it bothers some people.
    I know what that's like. I use that positive thinking to pretend like the haters, love me or they just don't exist in my realm.
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    A glass and a half looking for more. You can't change the deal, but you can hold, draw or fold.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It's reassuring to see so many other people respond how I would respond:

Half-empty. I've no patience for lofty ideals. Lived experience, practical solutions, and patience for negative emotions is where I find the most comfort.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I'd fire the bartender and find one who knows how to fill a glass
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    ...and get the new guy to bring a second glass, 'cause I'll probably need it later anyway.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I'm an optimistic gal but a realist at the same time if that makes any sense.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm an optimistic gal but a realist at the same time if that makes any sense.
    Sure. Expect the best, prepare for the worst.