Is 1000 calories too low???

Options
2»

Replies

• Momm22boys
    Options
    Body weight x 10 is a supposed to be a simple way to calculate BMR, but I just don't buy it. Does a 300 lb person really need to eat 3000 calories a day?
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    YES. Sheesh, this again...
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    @ 5'7" and 145 lbs you are well within the healthy weight range.
    It's okay if you want to lose a few vanity pounds, but at this stage of the game it's fine tuning or a couple of tweaks.
    Lose slowly I'd even think about going to Maintenance for your goal weight. The loss will be slow, but it will be sustainable... If it's not you are overshooting your goal.

No one could have told me this at your age.

BUT PLEASE DON"T DO ANYTHING DRASTIC and please don't jeopardize your health.
    Drastic changes lead to rebounds and when you rebound you usually end up gain back MORE weight than you lost.
    Then you REALLY feel bad and like you need to lose that so you lose and rebound again, it becomes a vicious cycle.

Please worry about healthy first, not skinny.

Okay, I went back and checked your profile and you're goal does seem perfectly reasonable... but remember this isn't a race.. better to lose slowly and keep it off than to yo-yo. When you lose slowly and teach yourself healthier eating habits that you incorporate into your life it gives you a much better chance of maintaining.