I dont like fruit or vegetables HELP

Options
Hey so I'm a teenager and have never liked the taste of fruit and vegetables! I was just wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas on how to make such foods taste better or how to make myself less fussy haha?

Replies

• Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You can make a fruit smoothie with greek yogurt.
    You can make a green smoothie which is a bunch of veggies such as spinach, kale, and your fruit of choice.
    You make a fruit salad.
    You can make vegetable soup.
    The list goes on.

Here's a yummy green smoothie recipe: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/green-smoothie/
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    ^ What she said.

and hey!

if your a teenager... put a shirt on!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    All of them? Really? Try different ones and different ways of preparing them
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    When I am bored of my usual veggie kick I will throw a bunch in the oven with garlic, and spices. It always comes out super tasty. Also look for recipes that mask veggies.
  • torijd
    torijd Posts: 23
    Options
    thankyou so much :)!
  • torijd
    Options
    All of them? Really? Try different ones and different ways of preparing them

haha yea pretty much I am so fussy! thanks though :)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    In for the topless 19 year old.

Also you just eat them.

It's one of those things in life like brushing your teeth. You do it because it's good for you.
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    You should really try to put them all in a smoothie! It's actually really good! It's like a salad in a cup and it gives you pretty good energy! haha! I went running after drinking it and felt like I could go on forever! Good luck to you! :)
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Just saw she was legal, I regress.

Take it off.

:drinker: But dont drink .
  • Chopstheduck
    Chopstheduck Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Roast them with herbs, spices and a bit of spray oil. Aubergines, courgette, tomatoes, mushrooms, sweet potato, butternut squash, carrot, peppers - all taste nicer roasted. For the herbs, oregano, or rosemary, and paprika, or allspice.

You can roast fruit too - grill bananas, or pineapple slices, with a bit of honey drizzled over. Roast strawberries with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

I didn't think I liked fruit or veg much at your age neither, but it's how you prepare it.
  • torijd
    Options
    You should really try to put them all in a smoothie! It's actually really good! It's like a salad in a cup and it gives you pretty good energy! haha! I went running after drinking it and felt like I could go on forever! Good luck to you! :)
    thankyou so much I will definitely give the smoothies a go :) goodluck to you aswell :) !
  • torijd
    Options
    Roast them with herbs, spices and a bit of spray oil. Aubergines, courgette, tomatoes, mushrooms, sweet potato, butternut squash, carrot, peppers - all taste nicer roasted. For the herbs, oregano, or rosemary, and paprika, or allspice.

You can roast fruit too - grill bananas, or pineapple slices, with a bit of honey drizzled over. Roast strawberries with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

I didn't think I liked fruit or veg much at your age neither, but it's how you prepare it.

thankyou !! i really appreciate all the tips I will try them all :)
  • ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    Options
    Vegetables I guess I can see, but fruits? You don't like strawberries or raspberries or mangos? Girllll.

did you know there was a study done that proves that you can "teach" yourself to like a certain food after trying it a handful of times? I've done it myself with various foods, like cooked carrots, red apples and other things. You just have to keep trying them and you'll learn to like them, no kidding. :)
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Look up "Oximega" gives you like a full days serving in one cup
  • torijd
    Options
    Vegetables I guess I can see, but fruits? You don't like strawberries or raspberries or mangos? Girllll.

did you know there was a study done that proves that you can "teach" yourself to like a certain food after trying it a handful of times? I've done it myself with various foods, like cooked carrots, red apples and other things. You just have to keep trying them and you'll learn to like them, no kidding. :)

your completely right :) I guess its more that I dont like the texture of them, but I do have to push myself alot more :)
  • torijd
    Options
    Look up "Oximega" gives you like a full days serving in one cup
    cheers!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I hated broccoli for years..then tried it again..now it's my favourite veggie. Cauliflower next for me to try ;)
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    just start eating them and cut out other junk foods. I think plain is the best for veggies - that is my palette. You need to just have them now and again and stop thinking they are gross/yuck because they really arent, its just that as children parents always assumed we were going to hate them for some silly reason! I never thought veggies were gross and never realised the social norm of children hating them simply because my parents introduced them to me as normal foods you eat with every meal - you need to start trying to take that approach :)
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    If it's the texture, there are a lot of vegetables you can eat raw and they will be totally different from the texture they have when cooked.
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You can make a fruit smoothie with greek yogurt.
    You can make a green smoothie which is a bunch of veggies such as spinach, kale, and your fruit of choice.
    You make a fruit salad.
    You can make vegetable soup.
    The list goes on.

Here's a yummy green smoothie recipe: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/green-smoothie/

Agree. Keep trying 'til you find something you like. I hate drinking water but I have to do it!
    Good luck!