3.5 lbs ... ?

Options
13»

Replies

• morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Not a joke. The reason I am disapointed about it is because I have 120lbs to lose and people keep telling me that people my size should lose 8lbs+ the first week of eating well and exercising. I have been on here a while lost a bit gained a bit but last week i really went for it.
    I understand people would be well chuffed with that result and i would be normally, just not my first week... no offense was meant with this post just needed a bit of a boost

Seriously though, 3lbs is GREAT! :)

If you went from not doing much to running 3 hours a day, your body is like OMGWTF and is likely retaining water for muscle repair from the strenuous activity that it is not used to. Just be patient and stick with the journey and the weight will come off. <3 You got this!

Thank you! Yeah i wasn't being an *kitten* lol, trust me 3.5 when im a tad smaller will have me jumping for joy! its just when im so big i have that much more to lose lol!

And you WILL lose it... just not in a week ;) hee hee. Remember, be the tortoise. Slow and steady. <3

Ha! your very right, its just when other people (I weigh in at a slimming group) go oh i lost 10lbs my first week! im like oh sH"t lol! xxx

I bet some of them did it in an unsustainable way (e.g. having way too big of a deficit, either through obscenely low cals or ridiculous amounts of exercise). Granted some of them may just be blessed like that, but the ones who do it fast and dirty are going to run into problems later. Either they will hit a plateau and you will blow by them, OR they will lose it all, but since their method is not sustainable LT they will gain it all back when they stop.

ETA: You just keep doing what you are doing and if it is sustainable for you THAT is what matters. It is a journey, not a sprint. You got this! :)
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Just remember, in 1 yr, you're going to care very little about how much you lost in ONE week, what's going to really make you smile is looking back and seeing that you kept it up and have lost a lot total.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Dear, 3.5 is great, you're not on Biggest Loser, you're in real life. look back after 10 weeks, and then you'll gave some kind of gauge, don't get so worried about week 1! Also, if you're really running 3 hrs a day (I train for half marathons and know I couldn't sustain that), you may want to come up with a better exercise plan that's sustainable. Looking at one week as the end-all is huge mistake number one for getting in shape, slow and steady wins the race!

well running for me may not be the same as smaller people lol. its more like a marshmallow wobbling in the wind! but i keep going until i done my lap through the woods (which is 1 hour) come home at lunch and do the same so dogs not on his own all day then once when i get home (in eve) so not all in one go! your training for marathons?! i cant wait till im able to do that! i am really enjoying the dodgy running! thank you!

like a marshmallow wobbling in the wind! ...HAHAHA this made me laugh.
    But you are doing great. 3.5 lbs a week is great!
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    your body is like OMGWTF

This made me LOL!!! haha
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    It takes me well over a month or two to lose 3 pounds, so BE HAPPY! Be very, very happy

THIS!!!!!^^^
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If you can run continuously for three hours straight, then I'm not sure weight loss is what you need; your conditioning is Olympian! That said, you probably didn't cover 20 miles or anything and it was probably more like a jog or a walk, jog and you didn't go non stop. Just sit back and enjoy the 3.5 lb loss since you probably will rarely see it resurface any time soon. Also, you might want to try HIIT cardio which can be done in 15 or so minutes and will burn more fat off in the long run without requiring pointless hours of Olympic training (unless you're going for that gold medal).
  • jessgetshealthy
    Options
    Enjoy that 3.5 pound loss. Would you have rather GAINED 3.5 pounds? Progress
    is progress. Embrace is and keep going. That's a good loss!
  • CupcakeDefeater
    CupcakeDefeater Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If you can run continuously for three hours straight, then I'm not sure weight loss is what you need; your conditioning is Olympian! That said, you probably didn't cover 20 miles or anything and it was probably more like a jog or a walk, jog and you didn't go non stop. Just sit back and enjoy the 3.5 lb loss since you probably will rarely see it resurface any time soon. Also, you might want to try HIIT cardio which can be done in 15 or so minutes and will burn more fat off in the long run without requiring pointless hours of Olympic training (unless you're going for that gold medal).

read a couple of posts up. its not continuous! lol xx
  • KatieJane10x
    KatieJane10x Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Really?! :huh: :noway:
  • AnDiallo
    AnDiallo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Erm I'm gonna indulge you and just say this; be happy. It's a good loss, and ANYTHING is better than a gain.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!