Cottage Cheese

Options

Replies

• caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I like mine with salt and pepper as a side with my meals. Or On sandwiches as a sub for mayo
  • wowser5
    wowser5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese daily, but put nothing in it. I have to have three items on my plate for dinner, and that is always one of them. I have never tried all of these other sweet ideas, but I might just have to now.....
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. I also like putting tomatoes with it.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Sorry - but anything that looks like baby sick is out for me!
  • recoveringlife
    Options
    I eat it with anything! I usually eat it for snacks though, and I add nuts like almonds, cashews, etc., etc. I also add some seeds like pumpkin, sesame, flax. Then I add fruit slices like bananas, strawberries, plums, etc. I know it sounds weird but cottage cheese is goo everything! x
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have tried it today with salmon and while I thought it will be gross it was actually very nice.
  • sharonmaroney
    Options
    I could never eat cottage cheese because of the curds. Then I put it in the blender and it came out just like yogurt! Mix it with fruit or just about anything!
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    some great ideas!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I love to mix 1/2 cup with a can of tuna and lemon pepper to taste or fruit or sugar free jello.
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I only eat 1%, and eat it plain, or spice it up with s & p, garlic, italian seasoning and use like ricotta, or spread onto ham slices and use on crackers or slick into celery. Or add to fruit. Use in pasta dishes too!
  • Christina9388
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese. I eat Hood Low-fat cottage cheese and I usually just eat it plain as a morning or afternoon snack. I like to put it on salads with a little drizzle of balsamic vinegar. I sometimes pair it with pasta for some extra protein and creaminess. I do not like the "no salt added" or "fat free" and for some reason, I find Hood to have the best texture out of all of the brands.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I only put pepper on mine.

I'e tried it with fruit before, and I just can't do it.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Cottage cheese for me has always been with a baked potato or salad.

Have never tried it in a sweetened way which I am curious about now....
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I think Im making the savory version tonight... (dinner @ the in laws.. that means a lot of calories) thank you
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i am a cottage cheese newb (hated it as a kid) but now i eat it regularly. love it plain or savory, too scared to try it sweet. will do. i had it with dinner last night, before my salad, and i think it helped me round out the meal nicely. i'll be referencing this list and trying out some of these ideas, thx :flowerforyou:
  • deedster_a
    deedster_a Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like it with cherry tomatoes and olives.
  • kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Try Fiber One. It's only 1%, but tastes just like the 4%. It's so good I eat it plain - usually one serving per day but sometimes two.
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is really hti or miss for me depending on the brand. So far the only ones that I've found that I can eat are Friendship and Horizon Organic. When it's good I love eating it plain on its own. But I can't seem to get a taste for the other brands, even with things in them. If I do put something in it I really enjoy grape or campari tomatoes, cucumber, or bell pepper. I've been trying to keep my sugar intake down so I try to avoid putting fruit in it, but the veggies really are delish.
  • ThatDamnRobyn
    ThatDamnRobyn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I initially added strawberries to make it more palatable. Now I like it just plain. I like Daisy the best because it's the "cleanest" if you compare ingredient lists -- for me that's true even in area health stores.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Mixed half & half with yogurt is yummy if it fits your macros.

Really good with cut-up apples.

I add it with salsa to baby spinach and it makes a tasty salad-type medley.