Your Daily Goal - Fat/Carb/Protein etc

Options
I usually go over on Protein, is this ok? Do these have to be followed strictly? or are calories more important to follow?

Any help, appreciated

thanks

Replies

• mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    I'd rather go over on protein than anything else to be honest. What is your protein set to? I've set my own to match at least 1g per pound of lean body mass. MFP is set too low in my opinion.
  • Ashers783
    Ashers783 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's currently set to 49g?!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I try to reach or exceed my protein and fiber. I try to stay under on fat, and I don't have an issue with carbs usually so I'm always under on that. I don't eat a lot of sweets or drink sodas. I eat whole grain breads and pastas. I get most of my sugar from fruit.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I'd rather go over on protein than anything else to be honest. What is your protein set to? I've set my own to match at least 1g per pound of lean body mass. MFP is set too low in my opinion.

^^This!!!! Yes, you can go MUCH higher on the protein! Protein is a GOOD thing!
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options

^^This!!!! Yes, you can go MUCH higher on the protein! Protein is a GOOD thing!

And it makes a calorie allowance go so much further.
  • Ashers783
    Options
    Ok great, as I do eat a lot of protein usually.

Thanks everyone :-D
  • mich1902
    Options

Do you know how to change it to suit yourself?

*My Home
    *Goals
    *Change goals
    *choose the custom option

There are a few websites that will have calcualtors to help you determine what your lean body mass is. You basically want to protect that while you lose weight as you will look so much better and more muscle is good for your metabolism.
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    according to my calculator i should be eating 100g of protein a day, is this right?! lol
  • mich1902
    Options
    according to my calculator i should be eating 100g of protein a day, is this right?! lol

It could well be. My lean mass is around 99 pounds so I aim for 100g of protein as a minimum. 0.45g for every pound of bodyweight and let the rest be carbs or more of the other two if i want.
  • Ashers783
    Options

Do you know how to change it to suit yourself?

*My Home
    *Goals
    *Change goals
    *choose the custom option

There are a few websites that will have calcualtors to help you determine what your lean body mass is. You basically want to protect that while you lose weight as you will look so much better and more muscle is good for your metabolism.

Can you tell me more about the last bit please? Where can I find that out?

Thank you!