Relationships and weight

Options
Relationships: I was in a relationship with an old friend of mine.. it lasted for a year or so.. Lot of differences surfaced and my parents also didnt approve of it.. Finally we decided to part ways.. I met him after a year recently and realized that he has moved on and is into a new relationship.. but I havent... Somehow I just dont come across anyone compatible.. I dont feel any attraction towards guys.. I either find them boring or totally lethargic in their approach towards life.. Those whom I find compatible dont like me coz I am overweight etc etc... I feel extremely low and lonely these days.. I dont feel like going to work anymore. I m losing all the interest frm life.. I dont know what to do ? I long for a companion... a partner.. love of my life :(

I end up being very disappointed and eventually eating junk etc... I dont feel good after it though...

Replies

• aperrillioux
    aperrillioux Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I found myself in a very similar situation a few months ago. Meh. I wasn't technically in a relationship with my friend, but it felt like one. We were really close, could talk about anything, held hands, fooled around, etc. I moved away (graduated from college) and things obviously came to an end. And for a while, I just couldn't find a man that turned me on or interested me (unless he was unattainable, because I'm REALLY good at falling for men I can't have). I am dating someone now, and for the most part, I can't figure out what has changed. It's got to be that I was afraid of letting someone in, because I didn't want to get hurt again, but I finally chose to take that chance on someone.

So I guess, maybe realize that it might not be the men. it might be you shutting them out because you're afraid...or not...