Houmous

Options
natzkj
natzkj Posts: 127 Member
What can i put with Houmous? I no i could have carrots sticks or crackers. Is there anything else i could have?

Replies

• SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Apparently, weetabix is nice with it.. I don't know, but a friend eats that all the time :P

Pasta and pizza bases go well, as do salads. Basically, almost anything you use a spread or dip with, you can use hummous with.

I said almost - some things don't work :P
  • yaybazinga
    Options
    I love bellpeppers and cucumber with Houmous :) I just tried it with oven grilled vegetables a couple of days ago (broccoli, zucchini and green asparagus), that was delicious as well!
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    What is Houmous?? Do you mean Hummus??
  • spacemuffins
    Options
    pitta bread! That is one of the most commonly used things to go with it (or maybe that's just people I know!) Grilled veggies like aubergine as well.
    also in the UK, it is houmous.
  • shadowflute
    shadowflute Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love dipping celery into it. Also, pretzels, though they're a bit less nutritious.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    pitta bread! That is one of the most commonly used things to go with it (or maybe that's just people I know!) Grilled veggies like aubergine as well.
    So the same exact food is just spelled differently in the UK? That's odd. I can understand a different name for it all together, but a different spelling?
  • samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    pretzels, celery, red bell pepper slices :)
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Red bell peppers are fantastic in hummus
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I make a sandwich with hummus on a pita pocket and stuff it full of spinach, shredded carrots, tomato slices and cucumber slices. I also like it with baked pita chips or any veggie you would dip in ranch dressing. It's good on a bagel too.
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I use it on sandwiches. Yesterday I made a wrap with hummus, light swiss cheese, turkey, and spinach. Also tortilla chips, any kind of veggie for dipping, or spread on toast.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    cucs, peppers, mushrooms (any veg really), pita bread, melba toast, rice crackers, pretzels, as a spread on a veggie sandwich, etc. LOVE hummus
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    put it on a grilled chicken breast with spinach and tomatoes it sooooo good.
  • MeganGable
    MeganGable Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    hardboiled eggs?
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    toasted pita breads, wholemeal are fab
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    So the same exact food is just spelled differently in the UK? That's odd. I can understand a different name for it all together, but a different spelling?

We have quite a few difference spellings ;)
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I like to spread a spicy hummus on my corn tortilla when making fish taco’s.

<---- don't forget the hot sauce =)
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Nabisco fat free wheat thins, or Tostioes baked scoops with salsa.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Different spelling is very common between U.S. and UK. Especially adding a U!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hummus is delicious on sandwiches instead of mayonnaise or mustard. Pair it with some lovely veggies and whole grain bread. Yummy.
  • GiinaBeanxo
    Options

Yeah, different spellings for a few things actually. Like colour and color. I know it is odd.