This is me now. Any more pro tips I could use?

Options
So, this is the most recent picture I have of myself. I don't have much selfie pics of me so there's not much photos to compare with. Hm, I really want to get really defined abs but this is what I have now. Any comments on the pictures? And, yeah, pro tips? It would be of much help. Thanks!

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/kokevendingmachine/media/IMG_20130411_161115_zps37158dee.jpg.html
http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/kokevendingmachine/media/IMG_20130420_171546_zps608cc2c8.jpg.html

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    IMG_20130411_161115_zps37158dee.jpg

IMG_20130420_171546_zps608cc2c8.jpg

Fixed it for you
  • ipw133
    ipw133 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Interestingly, I hated having my photograph taken as it showed me what others see instead of what I saw in the mirror. Now I don't mind, because they're almost the same now.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    There are two ways to get defined abs: 1) increase lean body mass while eating at maintenance, 2) reduce body fat % through eating less. Both amount to the same thing, but which is right for you depends on the amount of lean body mass you already have. You seem already quite lean, so I would say lift some weights for option 1.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Pilates, or other core training might help?
  • kokevendingmachine
    kokevendingmachine Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    IMG_20130411_161115_zps37158dee.jpg

IMG_20130420_171546_zps608cc2c8.jpg

Fixed it for you

Haha. Thanks for that :)
  • kokevendingmachine
    Options
    Pilates, or other core training might help?

Hm. Other core training? Well, I also do Karate. Is that core training as well? :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    So, this is the most recent picture I have of myself. I don't have much selfie pics of me so there's not much photos to compare with. Hm, I really want to get really defined abs but this is what I have now. Any comments on the pictures? And, yeah, pro tips? It would be of much help. Thanks!

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/kokevendingmachine/media/IMG_20130411_161115_zps37158dee.jpg.html
    http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/kokevendingmachine/media/IMG_20130420_171546_zps608cc2c8.jpg.html
    Besides abs, what is it you're trying to achieve? From what I see you look like a female with a thin body.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kokevendingmachine
    Options

Besides abs, what is it you're trying to achieve? From what I see you look like a female with a thin body.

IDEA Fitness member

Well, I would like to tone my thighs, and back. I'm seeing progress on my arms now so, I don't need much advice on that.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You look great. Good work. I have the same goal, so I'm glad you asked.

All the BF calculators have me losing another nine pounds to get there, and I'm not really interested in that option as I'd have to replace all my pants.

All the lifting people say to put on weight and eat more calories, and I'm not really intentionally going there either, having just lost 16 pounds.

I'm going with a little of #1 (eating 200 calories more than I was on weight loss mode, still with increased exercise, set to lose .3 pounds per week), a little of #2 (lifting increasing dumbbells, eating more, especially lean protein, on lifting days to build muscle), and a little of #3 (eating as many clean foods as I can--still don't eat bread that sprouts. LOL)

I'm seeing that I'm going to need heavier and heavier weights, so I'll have to come up with a plan to address that soon. May try sandbags. I can't deal with a barbell set right now.

We'll see how this goes.
  • kokevendingmachine
    Options
    You look great. Good work. I have the same goal, so I'm glad you asked.

All the BF calculators have me losing another nine pounds to get there, and I'm not really interested in that option as I'd have to replace all my pants.

All the lifting people say to put on weight and eat more calories, and I'm not really intentionally going there either, having just lost 16 pounds.

I'm going with a little of #1 (eating 200 calories more than I was on weight loss mode, still with increased exercise, set to lose .3 pounds per week), a little of #2 (lifting increasing dumbbells, eating more, especially lean protein, on lifting days to build muscle), and a little of #3 (eating as many clean foods as I can--still don't eat bread that sprouts. LOL)

I'm seeing that I'm going to need heavier and heavier weights, so I'll have to come up with a plan to address that soon. May try sandbags. I can't deal with a barbell set right now.

We'll see how this goes.

Thank you for replying. :) I may just give what you suggested above a try. Yeah, we'll see how this goes. 2013 is our sexy year :))
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    exercise wise- start to learn to love planks and its many variations. :)
  • JoanB5
    Options
    I'm planking!

Right now, I'm doing running OR doing circuit training 2-3 days a week for some cross training (lot of pylo squats, pylo lunges, burpees), then P90X "Arms and Shoulders" 3 days a week. Sometimes, I throw in Nike Fitness Training Center (lots of planks and weighted lunges) free, geared toward women...download that app if you haven't. Or 30DS by Jillian. I have to mix it up or I get bored. Also, kettlebell. I have an 8 pounder. Great for twisting moves and Sumo Squats.

Still have that lower rounded belly area--I have the top two ab definition and am starting to see a linear line here and there, but lower abs is going to kill me to get, I think. Be great to see someone's training pics by month to see how long of a haul this is, eh? I bet some google search may give that to us?
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    tips: take better pics...ha
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    <<<<<See these abs?

Deadlifting heavy weight at a moderate calorie deficit.

That's it.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Less clothing? :laugh:

Seriously though....Abs are made in the Kitchen. Cut the Fat. If you'd like it to be seriously defined, LIFT.
  • TMartinFranklin
    Options
    You look pretty good to me, maybe too skinny? Maybe throw in a little light weight lifting to get some tone and definition.

Just my opinion...
  • TMartinFranklin
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Well, I would like to tone my thighs, and back. I'm seeing progress on my arms now so, I don't need much advice on that.

CrossFit will give you all of that, and then some!!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    <<<<<See these abs?

Deadlifting heavy weight at a moderate calorie deficit.

That's it.

Follow your dreams, you can reach your goals. Look at Naomi, ConcreteGirl, she's living proof.

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
  • JoanB5
    Options
    I'll have to cut fat and do circuit training to get there. Not a fan of gyms and don't have room for a barbell at the moment. There has to be more than one way to skin a cat.