LCHF Snack/bring to work ideas?

Options
I've been having a hard time getting my fat up to where I want it to be. Does anyone have any suggestions on what is quick and I can just grab to eat that is high in fat? I do fine at home when I can cookwith olive oil, or mash up an avacado... but at work, there's not a whole lot of options that I can come up with.

Thanks!

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    whiskey makes a lovely snack.
  • msfortunately
    Options
    Peanut Butter! I keep a jar of Crazy Richard's (obviously this suggestion will only work if you use natural pb) in my cabinet at work, and I can just grab a quick teaspoonful (I ALWAYS measure it, or I will eat half the jar).
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    celery &/or red peppers w/cream cheese or nut butter, Raw nuts like almonds, cashews, macadamia etc. Cubes of cheese. low sodium, no nitrate deli meat rolled up w/cream cheese & a scallion or check out www.yourlighterside.com or www.genaw.com for other low carb recipe ideas.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    That's easy. NUTS! Cheese sticks.

If you don't like nuts, you should think about learning to like them. It sounds like they'd fit very well into your diet, and they're super healthy when eaten in moderation. There's a plethora of studies showing how healthy nuts are for fat loss, longevity, etc.
  • LowCarb4Life
    Options
    Good quality Olives. Prepared deli whitefish salad on veggie sticks or in a half of an avocado (avocados in a bowl at my ofc). Macadamias (a must), Boursin cheese, full-fat dressing or Tuna salad with full fat mayo or oil with same veggies as above. And now for some crazy stuff Nutiva Coconut Manna - which is basically pureed coconut, long shelf life, full fat, gives the impression of eating a nut butter but it's coconut. Unrefined coconut oil (a few tsps when all else fails). Butter and heavy cream in the fridge at work, to make BulletProof coffee quickly (I add salt to combat diuretic effects of high-fat eating). Good luck. :-)