what comment made you mad then but you can laugh about now

Options
wannabe1959
wannabe1959 Posts: 80 Member
At my highest weight I had to buy new underwear to cover my growing behind. When I got home my mother in law was there. I took the panties out of the bag and held them up. I said " oh those are soo big I dont think they will fit." My mother in law looked up at them and said " OH, THEY'LL FIT". Made me mad, but..... they did fit. lol...

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    My husband commenting that I could order the wrinkle cream on t.v. if I wanted to...yeah. Actually I'm still not sure it's funny. :noway:
  • RNDougherty
    Options
    A coworker has a blog and another coworker told me about it and that I was in his blog. I was not happy he'd written about me, it was not very complimentary. Anyway at the end of the blog he says something like "she flashed her big brown eyes at me" and it just cracked me up. Now my friends make fun of me and tell me to stop flashing my big brown eyes lol.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    This JUST happend. I have a trainer, but am helping a friend build a business model so I stopped at the trainer area at the gym I go to to ask about pricing. It's winter here, so when I go to the gym I pull on a pair of my old sweats and a sweatshirt (both are from the days before I was anywhere near goal weight, so they are VERY big on me) over my running tights and tank. The trainer dude looked at me and said something along the lines of "well you have quite a bit of weight to lose so we could do a nutrition plan too", at first I got pissed, but then I just walked into the locker room and came out in my running cloths and smiled at him, his face made it all worth it and I just laughed my way to the treadmill.
  • earlswimsuit
    Options
    My mum calling my fat! Now I just laugh because I know she feels bad about all those comments because she felt bad about herself :laugh:
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    A few months ago I had to get glasses for work/reading and I spent forever picking out the frames because I thought every one looked horrible on me. Later that day when my husband got home he walked in and said "hey four eyes! Give me your lunch money!" I knew he was joking and eventually I laughed but I was like DON'T YOU ALREADY KNOW I FEEL LIKE A DORK
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Well this is kind of irrelevant but one time in high school this girl told me I had nothing to grab during sex because I lost my love handles (they were small to begin with). She said it in a rude way too because I guess she was jealous. It made me mad because she said it in front of a group of guys.
  • wannabe1959
    Options
    OK, how about after the birth of my first child I went to buy new bras. My husband came along with me. Caution- this is a mistake! Never take your husband with you to buy bras. The saleslady came and asked can I help you? My husband replied "oh just give her a couple of pup tents"
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Comments from my passive-aggressive grandmother used to make me mad but now they just make me laugh.

We arrived recently for a visit, and she said "I skipped dinner because I'm getting overweight." I suspect this comment was really aimed at me, but the thought of a woman who's pushing 90 (and perfectly healthy) worrying about her weight made me lol.
  • wannabe1959
    Options
    bump
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I can't say, because it was indecent, but hilarious.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    in middle school i had this girl come up to me laughing and grabbed my arm and said OMG I CAN BREAK YOU LIKE A STICK! and she made fun of how skinny i was.. now i wish i was skinny like that haha... it makes me laugh because i bet she just did it because she wa jealous
  • wannabe1959
    Options
    I can't say, because it was indecent, but hilarious.
    Well Thats not right!!! now we all want to know!
  • vanessamcinnis
    vanessamcinnis Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Being asked if I was pregnant by two strangers in one month!!!! Those two strangers are the people who motivated me to get off my a**. Whos laughing now? That's right I am! 20 pounds lighter and more than 20 inches lost all together. Not to mention I used to be a size 11 in pants...just found out a couple days ago I dropped down to size 6!!!!! Wish I could thank them now :p
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I have an aunt who said to me "if you don't lose that weight by the time your 25 you're going to be fat for the rest of your life".
  • wannabe1959
    Options
    bump
  • wannabe1959
    Options
    no more takers??? I thought there would be more funny stories out there than this. ...
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    " need to loose that belly".my boss.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My Grandma, a naturally slim woman all her life, used to make comments about my weight all the time. My favourite was when she asked if I needed to go shopping fr winter clothes and I said no, but come summer I'd need a whole new wardrobe. She said "Well, with any luck you'll have lost some weight by then, so you can buy something nice for once!". I was 30kg lighter than i am now and a size 14 at the time.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    This woman told me i had to wear a condom.......I don't know till later she was Chlamydia Mary...
  • babecon
    babecon Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    "OI CHICKEN LEGS"
    From a group of lads I walked past when I was a scrawny, gangly 16 year old.
    Ohhhhhhhhhh to have those scrawny thighs again!