Ripped in 30 week 3 - OH MY GOSH.

Options
By the end of this week, I will either be dead or need knee replacements.
This level is SO hard on my knees... and the tabletop dips are super hard on my wrists. Are they supposed to be? Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• benska
    benska Posts: 7
    Options
    I just know that my wrists are going to hurt when I get to that level...I have really lousy wrists. Well, all my joints actually :-( Are you doing the modified version? Or do they turf that option when you get up to that level? I am starting it tonight, and I can only pray that I make it to week 3.

Good luck, I hope the pain gets better...and I wish I had some advice for you!
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    No, I'm pretty sure it's just that awful, lol.
    I don't think you're doing anything wrong, try to work through it while maintaining that balance of good form and not injuring yourself
  • laceymcmath
    Options
    There is sort of a modified version, but it still hurts, lol. I'm just praying I'll survive another four days of it. I have bad knees to begin with, and the first circuit of strength is crazy hard on them.

BUT! The harder it is to get through it, the more satisfying it is at the end, I suppose!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Muscle pain = good, you're working your body and it's getting stronger (most likely)

Joint pain = STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT THIS INSTANT. You are doing something horribly wrong that is going to lead to injury. If you can't figure out what it is you're doing wrong to correct it, don't do the program at all. Do something else that you CAN safely do.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    There is sort of a modified version, but it still hurts, lol. I'm just praying I'll survive another four days of it. I have bad knees to begin with, and the first circuit of strength is crazy hard on them.

BUT! The harder it is to get through it, the more satisfying it is at the end, I suppose!

WRONG. BAD idea. Joint pain is a sign that you are risking serious injury. It is NOT muscle soreness.