Hello!

Options
Hello

I decided to sign up for this website because I thought it would give me some more motivation. For the life of me, I cannot stick to any sort of diet, and I thought that using this tool might help to keep me on track.

A little about me:

I'm a recent college graduate and newly engaged. With so many changes going on in my life, I figure that now more than even is the perfect time to start making better, healthier choices. My goal is to start losing weight now so that I don't do something stupid like lose a bunch of weight right before the big day then my dress ends up being to big!! I figure that if I start changing my eating and exercise habits now, it will give me plenty of time to get to the weight I want, and it will be easier for me to STAY there. The wedding is going to be sometime in Spring 2012, so I have plenty of time to get there.

My weight loss goals are not too drastic. I am currently 137 lbs and I would like to be at 125 lbs. I've been hovering the 132-137 range for the past 2 years. This seems to be my "average" weight, based on a few observations:
- During my freshmen year of college, I literally gained the freshman 15. I started freshmen year at 135 and ended at 150. I worked off those 15 lbs over the course of that following summer and a few months into sophomore year. The weight actually came off pretty easily, but when I hit 135 again, I noticed that it started getting harder, and that I pretty much reached a plateau. But, I was happy with staying at 135 at the time. I've been hovering around 132-137 ever since.
- I also believe this is my "average" weight, because according to my BMI, I am pretty much right in the middle of "healthy".

So you may be asking, if I'm in the healthy range, why am I here? A few reasons:
- I definitely need to tone up, so I really need to get into a good work out regimen. My biggest problem area is my arms. I used to play softball and had pretty tone, somewhat bigger arms. They have stayed the same size, but have turned to nothing but flab, and it's very unattractive. I could use a little work in the tummy and thighs.
- Getting down to 125 would put me in the lower, but still healthy, end of my BMI, and it would give me a much healthier body fat percentage.

One of my biggest obstacles is going to be watching what I eat. Like I mentioned before, I cannot stick to a diet very well. I snack too much. With the way I eat, I am surprised I am not 15 pounds heavier. It's also going to take a little bit of work to stay motivated with my work outs. However, in the past, getting into a good workout routine has been a lot easier than sticking to a diet...so hopefully I can start eating better this time around too!

So 12 lbs is my goal. Here we go!

Replies

• hesse_v
    hesse_v Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello! Looks like we have about the same goals in mind! :) Its been almost a week since I started my account on here, and it definatly does motivate! About the toning up, i have been hearing alot about the Insanity or P90x workouts, and they just sound scary...I try to stick with jogging every evening, with weights and ab odds and ends thrown in. Seems to be working pretty well! Good luck with your goals, and Congrats on your engagement!!!

Virginia :)
  • gmchevere
    gmchevere Posts: 11
    Options
    You know, that's the third time in the past two weeks I've heard about Insanity. I might have to check it out!