TURBO JAM VS. TURBO FIRE

Options
I want to do the Turbo workouts. I have been reading customer reviews on the beachbody website on which program is right for me but I get more confused the more I read. I would like to know if anyone has had experience with either of this program or both and what they think about it. I am leaning more towards Turbo Jam but I want to challenge myself with Turbo Fire.

Any constructive suggestions and/or criticisms are welcome.

Replies

• QuestToLose
    QuestToLose Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've done Turbo Jam but not Turbo Fire. Turbo Jam is a lot of fun...I love doing kickboxing/martial arts type cardio, but I would say it's more a beginner type workout. I'll do it now occasionally when I'm in need of a lighter workout. I still enjoy it, and it raises my heartrate, but definitely not dripping sweat or breathing too heavy. If you are on beachbody...I ordered Combat workouts about a 6 weeks ago. I'm in LOVE! I think they are my all time absolute favorite workouts. More variety of marital arts - brings out my inner warrior, and especially with the plyo-HIIT videos - I'm going to be challenged for a while. The one thing I love about Turbo Jam and Combat - you can "pump up" the music...so although you can hear the instructors, the music is definitely motivating. Hope that helps a bit. Good luck!
  • susanv13
    susanv13 Posts: 1
    Options
    I think the question is more about what kind of work you want to be putting in. I have used both and absolutely love chalene johnson. She is encouraging, motivational, and likes you to focus on the little improvement you are make instead of focusing in the number on your scale. If you are a beginner I would try turbo Jam first .Turbo Fire is more for rapid conditioning and pushing yourself a lil harder. I like Fire more because there is a little bit of everything yoga, strength training, cardio, and of course HIIT training (High Intensity interval training). it will kick your butt all in a good way :happy: hope that helps a bit
  • QuestToLose
    Options
    Thank you all for the contributions. I have done Insanity in the past, even though I did not finish. But I let myself go and beginning all afresh again. I am not sure whether to consider myself a beginner or intermediate since I used to work out in the past.

And oh, I have been doing the Slim In 6 workout and this is my last week.
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've also completed both - started with TurboJam but found that after 8 months or so, I needed a change of pace, so I moved onto TurboFire. Both are great but I preferred TurboFire because of the variety/intensity.
  • QuestToLose
    Options
    did you experience different weight loss per week for each program? I want to build muscle whiles losing the weight.
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I had success with both but found I had better results with TurboFire - the strength exercises use bands instead of weights, so I was able to change up the resistance easier and often.
  • QuestToLose
    Options
    Oh okay. Thanks! :smile: Will start it right after I end Slim In 6
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I would get Turbo Jam first, it's still a killer workout and will help you get to know the moves. Turbo Fire is 10X faster and harder than Turbo Jam, I thought I was in great shape for it because I could do 2 hours worth of Turbo Jam cardio but when I did turbo fire I died from the 30min workout. It's really fast so if you don't know the moves it can be a bit frustrating, I knew the moves and it was still really hard for me. If you are in really really good shape than you can do Turbo Fire and you can do the step by step version of the video the first few times. Turbo Fire is unlikely any program I have tried, some military people say it's harder than boot camp, it will get you in the best shape of your life but it's hard as hell. Doing the 60min workout of Turbo Fire is about equivalent to running 7 miles. I love Turbo Jam, it's awesome workout, a little easier and has awesome weight training exercise, Tubro Fire does come with more workouts and the weight training on it is different, I prefer Turbo Jam's weight training. I lost about the same amount of weight and inches with both, if you have a lot to lose start with Turbo Jam, and than move up to Turbo Fire.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have never done TurboJam. I did Slim in 6 and am now doing TurboFire. I found at first TurboFire was overwhelming. I was off on the queing/moves and felt like I was just flailing around like a nuggethead. However, I sat down and watched the video a few times while slightly following the moves and after 4-5 times I found that I was much much better at it. Now that I have done it for a while I push harder and do the silly stuff like Chalene whipping her hair around and the crazy knees. It's so much fun. I sing along with the videos and even my 5 year old thinks it's good time. We will be at the store and song will come on from the exercises and she is like TurboFire Momma!.
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've got both and would agree. Turbo Jam would get you started with all the moves and form and such. Turbo Fire is a bit more intense, I like both but when I'm in a kick my own butt mood Turbo Fire goes in the machine as a first pick. Love them both for different reasons!
  • QuestToLose
    Options
    :happy: thank u all for the input
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is basically a more advanced program intended for people who have already completed TJ and are already reasonably fit. You can modify it to suit yourself if this isn't the case, but the choreography aspect is going to make it difficult to follow in the beginning. Understand these programs are strictly cardio with little to no strength training so you'll have to get that someplace else.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I have never done Turbo Jam but I LOVE Turbo Fire