What are some of your favorite outdoor exercises?

Options
2»

Replies

• matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Actually the first day of spring was on March 20th. You are way too late on this and I refuse to participate due to the confusion it may cause.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for SUMMER so I can SWIM! Major calorie burns there!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I do enjoy hiking in the Spring, once my allergies clear up
  • shelbydemeuse
    shelbydemeuse Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love running or just going for a long walk. We have all 4 seasons where I live and it's been such a long winter. I'm so excited to get out more now that it's warming up! I wish I lived near a big lake or ocean so I could walk along the beach. That is something I love to do!
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Walking, hiking and thinking about getting a kayak this summer! :happy:

I love kayaking! You should definitely get one! haha
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    running and tennis!
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Flipping Tractor Tires .... Hauling a weighted sled ... running with a chain ... and pushing the truck :D
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hiking, jogging, kayaking(flat water and white water), and,on a nice day, there's nowhere I would rather do some mitt work and friendly sparring!
  • houlee
    houlee Posts: 60
    Options
    Walking is my go to outdoor exercise. Since I just moved to Denver from Houston, I'm going to try out hiking this spring/summer. I can literally see the foothills and mountains from my apartment and that is pretty motivating. I'm hoping to add other outdoorsy activities as I become more fit, but for now, it is all about the walking.
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Running, football with my nephew, pretty much any outdoor sport.
  • t_welch11
    t_welch11 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My family is into horseback riding, fishing, hunting, hiking, camping, swimming, riding bikes, walking our dogs, going to the park, frisbee lol we are very active in the summertime. I suspend our cable service for 3 months because we are never home enough to watch it and instead we will watch a movie or something if its rainy out or for some down time. I love sitting around a campfire with friends having a few drinks or with the family roasting ot dogs and making smores :)
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Walking, hiking and thinking about getting a kayak this summer! :happy:

Just got a kayak...so fun! And a good workout too!
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i like going for long walks around town. i would love to jump rope too but sadly i cannot... i live in apartments. and if i did that where i live in the parking lot or something, people would think i was crazy lol

otherwise me and my husband do enjoy going to the local park and playing tennis. thats really good exercize especially since we are not very good yet. so we are constantly running after the ball. lol

I live in apartments too. my neighbor goes in our courtyard with her dog and does exercises on the stairs. I don't think she's weird but I know other ppl probably wonder what the heck she's doing!

I also love to just walk around the city.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    rollerblading and when it's hot outside, running.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Running and hiking.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Running, mountain biking, open water swimming : )
  • BrookieHatesCookies
    BrookieHatesCookies Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love biking!! Also, I prefer doing yoga outside. Especially when it gets hot super early in socal :)
  • Austadophilus5
    Options
    Swimming, most definately. Walking is lovely too, even in the winter in Minnesota. I used to have so much fun looking at all of the beautiful snow on the tree. But as for swimming, I'm hopefully moving to an apartment with a pool. <3