women who weight train - need to vent!

Options
Yesterday I got asked if my profile photo was a man or a woman.
*roll eyes*
Can I just say, I do plenty of cardio and it makes me feel great BUT I love weights and nothing has changed my body like regular pump classes have!

Anyone else get comments about muscles like its a negative??!

Replies

• gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Don't you know muscles instantly make us grow penises and chest hair! /sarcasm

All of my in laws think I am trying to become mannish, because "only men lift weights.". It's frustrating to say the least.
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    HAHA that is so ridiculous. Your profile picture is clearly a very toned woman! I'd love to have arms like yours :)
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Nice gun, lady! :flowerforyou:

My own mom is guilty of this..."You're going to get all ripply" Do what? I think NOT, LOL...
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Really!? people are dumb.
    Your arms look fantastic!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I like when people think I'm a guy. I think it's hilarious!
  • kimjmay
    kimjmay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    "ripply" is way better than "dimply"
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Your arms look awesome. Haterz gon' hate.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    My mom and dad the other day. "Women shouldn't look like that." They said that because I flexed my tricep and showed them the crease. I rolled my eyes in response. Sorry, mom, no diabesity for moi! Can't teach old dogs new trix (unless they wanna learn of course).

I do look more bulky than anything right now, but I'm okay with that. I know what's happening from the inside and in due time, I'll be showing off without even trying.

BTW, love your arm! It's friggin' badass.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    who cares what other people think... do what makes you happy. I personally like my women a little chunky but that shouldnt stop you from lifting it thats what you want to do
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm not to the point where you can see any of my muscles yet..but I can feel them lol. But I do get looks from the guys when I go to the gym like ...what are you doing bothering to lift weights - you're fat...and you're a girl. Don't let people get you down about stuff like that. My favorite saying still is "skinny girls look good in clothes. Fit girls look good naked" . Wear your muscles proudly ladies!!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    If I saw a dude wearing your flowery shirt....ohhh gooodness

I get commented on my "guns" and I just say hell freaking ya! thanks for the compliment :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    You have very strong muscular legs, love it!! It's obvious you work very hard and keep your body healthy!

OP?:huh: :noway: Good Lawd! :tongue: What a silly comment someone made to you, it's obvious how hard you work at keeping fit and building your muscles. You do NOT look like a male, you have lovely muscles from what I can see in your profile photo...

Frankly, you inspire me!!!!!!!!! Both of you!:love:
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    HAHA that is so ridiculous. Your profile picture is clearly a very toned woman! I'd love to have arms like yours :)

Yeah, seriously... me too! Go get it, girl!
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your lovely comments people :)
    I've always been a bit of a fatty bum bum, even when i was skinny skinny i had no muscle definition and was a weakling.
    I still have A LOT of work to do to shift the unwanted flab but i love getting stronger and fitter week by week, I love seeing the changes in my body and achieving new fitness goals. I never thought Id be able to do push ups!
    Glad to see all you girls who think its great to aspire to be physically strong :)
  • kittyr77
    Options
    If I saw a dude wearing your flowery shirt....ohhh gooodness

I get commented on my "guns" and I just say hell freaking ya! thanks for the compliment :)

LOL! yeah i hadn't thought about the flowery vest top ha ha!
    Great abs by the way! :)
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    "skinny girls look good in clothes. Fit girls look good naked" .

I'll be stealing this, thanks.
  • kittyr77
    Options

wow you are awesome, just checked out your photos, really inspiring!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your lovely comments people :)
    I've always been a bit of a fatty bum bum, even when i was skinny skinny i had no muscle definition and was a weakling.
    I still have A LOT of work to do to shift the unwanted flab but i love getting stronger and fitter week by week, I love seeing the changes in my body and achieving new fitness goals. I never thought Id be able to do push ups!
    Glad to see all you girls who think its great to aspire to be physically strong :)
    :heart:
  • deemartin2
    deemartin2 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Nice gun, lady! :flowerforyou:

My own mom is guilty of this..."You're going to get all ripply" Do what? I think NOT, LOL...

My mom too, she felt my bicep and said (and I quote) "Ewww its all hard"

I turned into a bit of a couch potato and lost that, but I'm on my way back. Can't wait to have killer biceps again!
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Nope not me, I use to powerlift heavy, most guy's think it is sexy to mix muscles with a little curves...