30 day shred: attempt 100

Options
2»

Replies

• terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my world. I'm a 100 attempter myself. I think once I got to day 2. I'm starting again tomorrow. Hopefully, it'll stick this time.
  • BeyondBlessed19
    BeyondBlessed19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I Finished first attempt of 30ds and saw and felt results in March I am starting Shed it with weight tomorrow for the month on May! You will not regret it if you make it through!!!! I love Zumba too this added to that really gets results.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Wow. You got all the way through Day 1?

I only made it about 5 minutes.
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I just finished the shred and I'm on week 2 of RI30. It helps me to have a count down of days. So if I didn't feel like pushing forward, I would tell myself "only x amount of days left, keep going". You can do it!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    If you've tried it that many times and haven't wanted to go past day 1...I think it may be time to try something different.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try a different program?

New Rules of Lifting for Women has worked well for me.
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    if it takes that many tries...perhaps you just don't LIKE that kind of exercise and should try something else?

i only do what I love...hence I stick to it.

:huh: :huh:

Not sure if serious...

I'm sure that is serious, and I agree with it. Forcing oneself to do something they aren't yet committed or ready to do is a good way to fail.

For example people who force themselves to go on a "diet" or quit smoking because they "know they should" or "think they have to" are always the ones who blow it a few days in. You have to really be READY.

If you keep trying the same thing that you don't like doing in the first place, why is try number 100 going to be anymore successfull than number 99 was?

Maybe this particular workout just isn't one person's thing - there are LOTS of other things to do, you just have to find the one that you CAN stay with, either because it doesn't annoy you (like Jillian tends to, LOL) or because you truly enjoy doing it, or becuase it's a new addition into a routine you might be bored with....

There's nothing wrong with sticking with the things you like rather than trying to force yourself to do something that doesn't grab you.

The only reason I stayed with the 30DS is that I was determined not to give up, as I ALWAYS have with stuff like this. I made an even bigger resovle to stick with things otherwise I would have given her up to, she's annoying and kind of a d**khole in terms of how she "motivates". Will I continue choosing her programs? Not sure. At the moment, when I finish 30DS in 5 days, no I'm not doing another one of hers. Maybe down the line.
  • lozadee
    lozadee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I bought this about a year ago - telling myself 100% I WILL do it...stick to it....this is gonna be the encouragement I need....bla bla blalllalalalal

...Your post has just encouraged me to TAKE IT OUT THE PLASTIC FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!

...We're all human...lets give this shizzle a go....I didnt know I'd like the biscuits until I tried them ;) lol....off I go to t check this shred out!!

(This is the most motivated I've felt in god knows how long lol!)
  • takeisha74
    takeisha74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good Luck you can do it!!!:bigsmile:
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    I personally love JM workouts, and have had a lot of success with them.

But, one thing goes with the other - I have had success because I DO them, I DO them because I ENJOY them.

There are soooooo many DVD's out there, JM is just one fish in the sea! Why don't you post a topic asking for good circuit training DVD's that have some of the same qualities that you like about Zumba?

I mean, I don't like brocolli, so I don't eat it. I eat all kinds of other veggies and get a healthy result. If I tried eating only brocolli, I'd never eat ANY veggies.

So, no JM for you. Try something you LIKE!
  • keelerangela
    keelerangela Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    30 day shred : Day 1 complete!!!