Withdraw Symptoms

Lol this is kind of funny yet frustrating It's like I am addicted to candy. I stopped eating as much sugar as I was to lose weight and I was going overboard with eating excess candy and whatnot, BUT recently I believe I have been getting headaches and as soon as I eat a little piece of candy it goes away....I don't want to go back to where I was ...what should I do? Just give in and have a little piece whenever my headache starts?

Replies

• rhogr000
    rhogr000 Posts: 126
    Lol this is kind of funny yet frustrating It's like I am addicted to candy. I stopped eating as much sugar as I was to lose weight and I was going overboard with eating excess candy and whatnot, BUT recently I believe I have been getting headaches and as soon as I eat a little piece of candy it goes away....I don't want to go back to where I was ...what should I do? Just give in and have a little piece whenever my headache starts?

You should never feel like you're just "giving in"...completely depriving yourself of food you enjoy is a one-way ticket to binge eating and failure. It's perfectly okay to have a bite-sized piece of chocolate once a day...just don't eat a whole candy bar every day and you'll be fine.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Eat some fruit instead. It's still got the sugar, but it's better for you overall. Have some berries handy for when you would normally have a craving for candy.
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Eat some fruit instead. It's still got the sugar, but it's better for you overall. Have some berries handy for when you would normally have a craving for candy.

I did try eating fruit, but it wasn't the same like the candy. I know fruit is so much better because it is natural sugar, but when I had the chocolate my headache went away. I guess it is something i have to slowly live without?
  • rhogr000
    rhogr000 Posts: 126

This is also solid advice.

When I have a piece of chocolate I usually have a piece of fruit with it.

For example, my favorite combo is a bite-sized York peppermint pattie and a banana.
  • Erin0164
    Erin0164 Posts: 64 Member
    Maybe it's the caffeine in the chocolate that you are craving. Caffeine withdrawal causes headaches.
  • jenelizmin
    jenelizmin Posts: 47 Member
    I don't know for sure about the headaches, but I definately understand the cravings for "goodies". I find the holidays are the BEST times to stock up on these. Around halloween, Easter, etc. they always have the mini candies. They are the perfect size for curbing your cravings without killing your calorie goals. I try to keep just a few stashed in my purse,desk, etc. but not a whole bowl. (then it's too easy to over-indulge).
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    I still can't give up all my sugar and sweet treats. I just want them too much. I have about 20g of chocolate a day - it keeps me sane, and I mix it up with oats, so its like a chocolate crispie cake, and keeps me quite full! Be inventive with your treats!
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    I still can't give up all my sugar and sweet treats. I just want them too much. I have about 20g of chocolate a day - it keeps me sane, and I mix it up with oats, so its like a chocolate crispie cake, and keeps me quite full! Be inventive with your treats!

LOL I totally feel like that "it keeps me sane" I am just trying not to have as much sweets as I was and increasing my exercise ...that should work...