Ordering from Beachbody question

Options
I am on Level 3 of the 30 Day Shred, so it's almost time for a new routine, and I've decided to go with TurboFire. However, I have heard mixed things about Beachbody and was wondering what the overall opinion seems to be as far as ordering directly through them. I've heard a lot of people say they had no issues, but other people were complaining about unauthorized charges on their credit cards, receiving products they didn't ask for, etc. I've worked in customer service before, so I wonder if a lot of the complaints were from people who didn't read the fine print, like they didn't return something in time and kept getting charged for it, or if Beachbody actually engages in practices like this.

I would really prefer to hear from someone who is NOT a coach, as I think I know what coaches will say to this. Is it OK to order through them, or should I go through Amazon or a coach's website instead? Thanks!

Replies

• pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am a coach but only because of the discounts... It is cheaper for me to be a coach with my personal monthly orders :) I've never ever sold to anyone and I don't even know my coach URL, so don't think I am biased. Can ordering from BB be a pain? Yes. Have I ever had a problem that they didn't resolve? No. I have received for instance incorrect shipments of shakeology (wrong flavor) and they just told me to keep it and sent me a new bag at no cost. I have received 2 orders of the same DVD set and they took them back no questions asked. If the program looks interesting I would not hesitate.
  • ThePinkPenguin
    Options
    Haha OK! I admit some of the comments I was reading were a couple of years old, and I try to give the benefit of the doubt to people/a company when that it is the case. :) If nothing else, Beachbody's flex payment options have me intrigued...kind of like QVC in that regard. I'll just be sure to read all the fine print.

Anyone else?
  • EverythingIsTakenAgain
    Options
    I've ordered 6 workout programs and 1 equipment item from Beach Body over the past 5 years, and have received my orders correctly every time. My experience with customer service there has been very good. I've ordered Shakeology twice, received the order correctly, and didn't like a flavor. I contacted customer service, and was issued a refund with no trouble (I did ship the unused part of the Shakeology back - they provided me with a pre-paid label, I think.). I would not worry about ordering from them. Also, I'm not a coach; I just love my P90X and Insanity programs :)
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I ordered Hip Hop Abs from them - got the set. It did not work in my DVD player ?!?!
    Called the customer service number - they shipped out the new set and I had it within a couple of days. He told me to keep the non working one (since it worked in the CD rom of my computer) Said give it to a friend

I did use the virtual number though - with the exact dollar amount of my order allowed ..so they could not charge me more if they wanted to.
  • DannyWilson0417
    Options
    I am also a coach. I have not had any problems ordering. I think beach body is also worth it. I like it cause it gives you a program and you stick with the program it can really make a difference. I guess that can happen with every workout but beach body has really changed the way i look at working out and eating. The shakeology is great. I love it. I like that there is also a website that will help you with recipes. If anyone has questions you can always ask me.
  • FitCoachShawn
    FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Also the best thing about BeachBody is they all have money back gaurantees!! If you dont like a program send it back and get a different one! I am also a Beachbody coach and I am familiar with the buying adn selling aspects. If any one has any questions please feel free to ask!
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Many moons ago when I was really good about my fitness :blushing: - I had a monthly subscription from Beachbody. Never a problem.
  • Cskinner2
    Cskinner2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can get a lot of the same workouts on eBay a lot cheaper. I have gotten many of them there
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is an awesome program. I also have P90X and Insanity as well and love them as well. I have never had any issues with Beachbody. just don't sign up to be a coach or select some Shakeology to be sent every month. Then they will charge you. Good luck!
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Ordering several products from beachbody had no issues. The only thing is if you don't cancel the beachbody membership they will charge you for it. That's about it. Have fun with TurboFire I absolutely live for it! Can't wait to get back to it!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get Hip Hop Abs from Beachbody, but all the required "special offer" screens put me off tremendously. Several clicks later, I finally got to check out and contacted a Live Chat rep. Surprisingly, she did not push any products during the chat and successfully canceled my order. I'd rather not have to navigate upsell traps. So, Amazon it is, lol.
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Ordered p90x from beach body online and didn't have any problems. There were several more screens of 'do you want shakeology, do you want the pull up bar, do you want this?' But I said no to all of it and everything was fine. I also ordered used from amazon and didn't have any problems with that either.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any problem with them. Their customer service is really good, one of the dvd's wasn't working and they replaced it without any issue. I placed an order last week and I didn't want it to arrive too fast, so I contacted them as well and they put the order on hold for me as well. I love that they have live chat on their site.

The only thing you have to be careful about is when you order one of their packs (a program with shakeology), it signs you up for autoship every month and for their website subscription, so you have to cancel both.