CHIA SEEDS

Options
What are your opinions on CHIA SEEDS (more specifically, organic, non GMO natural ones??

(please tell me if you have or have not used them when including your opinion please!)

I have read about them and wanted information and opinions on them from real people.

Thank you for your time! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Elliemisaurus
    Elliemisaurus Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love them! They're a good source of protein and fiber. I mix some in with my oatmeal in the morning.
  • btoeps74
    btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am a week into trying them. Can't say I notice anything having added them to various things, but I know they are loaded with good nutrients so I say go ahead and give them a try.
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    They're very filling as well, I also add them to yogurt or my morning oatmeal. Just make sure to not let them sit in liquid for too long as they will turn into a gel like form
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I recently began making Chia Seed pudding and love it! My 13 year old loves it too. Great way to get a healthy snack into her!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Been mixing in about 2 tablespoons with yogurt and oatmeal just about every day for over a month. I can't say that I really notice anything different in my energy levels or overall fitness, but I can say that I really enjoy the texture they add to the foods. Yum!
  • minnndymae
    minnndymae Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've only tried them once in a refrigerator oatmeal recipe that I had found, but will for sure be up for using them again if I come up with something that I can! After they absorb the liquid, they turn into a gel like substance? Reminded me of tapioca pudding (the little gel balls). No flavor, just substance.

Do you have a recipe that your wanting to use them in or how are you planning on using the chia seeds??
  • MamaWo
    MamaWo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I mix them in my yogurt. A nutrionist recommended them so I gave them a try. She told me to let them sit for about 5 minutes before eating so they thicken up. I think they help make me feel full. Plus tons of health benefits!
  • luan999
    luan999 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i add them to my oatmeal that soakes overnight in the fridge...reminds me of frog spawn once its soaked lol!
    only been using it for a week but not noticed any benefits yet.:wink:
  • CatMcCheesey
    Options
    Good source of fiber and essential fatty acids. I add them to my protein shakes because the fiber helps me stay full.
  • Tiffy_Pea
    Tiffy_Pea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Love them! I put them in my morning protein drink, make a chia seed pudding with them, and I've put them in greek yogurt as well. Good fiber and filling!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I like them... But found that it gave me cement type turds... :laugh: Sooooo drink lots of water if your having those.. I like them in any kind of milk.. Regular, Soy, Almond/Coconut, or just Coconut.
  • reddingaz
    reddingaz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I usually have a tbsp w/ breakfast each morning & then another 1.5 tbsp later in the day in the form of a chia fresca - Nice to get the extra fiber & nutrients in a compact package w/o a bunch of extra sweeteners, fillers, chemicals, etc

I tried making chia pudding once but it didn't go over well :)
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    HOLY MOLY! I was expecting to hear a bunch of "dont use them.. you will give yourself a sense a false sense of being full!" Love the positive posts! THANK YOU!!

Ive been using them for two days, & the first thing i did was add them to water to see if it was true they didnt have a flavor. They didnt, but i couldnt get over drinking sand-water. LOL

I add 1 tablespoon into a fruit smoothie in the morning just for extra calories and to get the antioxidents and protein & to keep me feeling fuller longer as i generally dont eat lunch.. but then figured.. heck, i can have another smoothie for lunch, so i decided to have another for lunch too!! Add another tablesoon to that one. Im thinking about doing 2 tablespoons in the morning to see if i notice any change!

Ill remember about the cement poops! LOL.. my meds have me constipated already... so maybe ill toss in some flax seed also! :laugh:

Thanks so much for all the help!! =)