May I suggest... You'll lose 20 pounds in a week!

Options

Replies

• fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Was I the only one who spent $50ish dollars a month on Metabolife about 14/15 years ago? I was a chubby 16 year old and thought the kiosk at the mall had the answer. :noway: Oh the stupidity, it burnssss.

Ahhhh Metabolife. I definitely remember this one. My father was a distributor and user. Didn't make much of a difference on the tubby fella.

It didn't help me lose all that much but I could stay up all night studying no problem. :yawn:
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    It's taken me a long time but I'm finally starting to realise that it's not about losing weight fast, it's about changing yourself into a slim person. Think about it this way - large people:
    * eat too much
    * eat the wrong sorts of things
    * move too little
    Slim people:
    * eat the right amount
    * eat the right kinds of things
    * move the right amount
    My goal is to stop being in the first category and start being in the second category. How does cayenne and lemon water fit into that? Answer - it doesn't, so it has no place in my "becoming a slim person" plan. It might help you lose 20lbs, but you'd put it right back on again because you hadn't changed your large person habits into slim person habits.

I agree--a "naturally slim" woman who I know has some interesting habits that I have tried to emulate (although I have not been blessed with her robust physique). She never eats sweets (doesn't like them and never has, according to her mom), and loves vegetables--has her own chickens and puts in a vegetable garden every spring. She says she eats when she is hungry and stops when she is not---says certain foods "hum" for her at different times. She figures that it is a food that her body needs at the time. (I figure that, maybe, since her appetite has not been messed up by sweets, she is more free to respond to what her body is telling her that it needs.

She is very athletic and has always been active, does mountain climbing with her husband, and cross-country skiing (and THAT uses a LOT of calories). Bicycles and sails in the summer. She goes to bed early and gets up early and never seems stressed about anything (in spite of having some rough periods in her life). She gained a bit of weight with each pregnancy but says her body just "slimmed itself down" when she went back to the way she is normally. (Hormones appear to have a strong influence on a woman's weight gain/loss patterns. She gained a lot of weight and pregnancy was the only time in my life when I actually had to work at gaining weight--go figure :ohwell: )
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    HerbaLife, Body by Vi, Shakeology, HydroxyCut...

My favorite was the other day someone suggested I try the Dr. Oz APPROVED Crash Diet...

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/oz-approved-7-day-crash-diet

I was FLABBERGASTED to read, "Many people eat too much protein, resulting in an overconsumption of calories and weight gain." TOO MUCH PROTEIN?! Most people I've talked to who are losing weight the healthy way have the same problem as I do - I don't eat enough protein.

Though, I have to admit that the recipes provided do look yummy.

Anyway, I will never do a crash diet, I will never do any diet. I have lost almost 35lbs. in 4 months and I'm stronger than ever doing what I've been doing - eating right, eating under my calories, and exercising.
  • stumegsmum
    Options
    Don't knock it till you've tried it.

yerdoingitwrong332.jpg

Got to get me and my other half some of these!
  • jbonow1231
    jbonow1231 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Do you do the Dr. Oz crash diet while taking plenty of Raspberry Ketones?

His advice has to be accepted with a grain of salt, if then - there's no way he isn't making bank off all of this often contradictory advice.
  • lisa198013
    lisa198013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been on slim fast for about a month and honestly it has been working for me. I havent lost a whole lot of weight but the inches I have lost so far make up for it.

Are you just taking slim fast? Or are you eating food too? And are you working out? (not judging just curious)

I do the "3 2 1 plan"... I have 3 snacks (slim fast or low cal most of the time) 2 shakes or meal bars, and 1 regular meal as long as I stay within my calorie limit. I try to work out everyday. Beach body has the slim in six series that I like to do. I also walk or hike when I dont have time for the videos, which happens more often than not.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not I'm actually on something right now that's doing its job. It's called ACE by Saba... it's a metabolism booster and appetite suppressant. I'm on it three days and off for one day at a time. I've seen a few inches come off in the past two weeks, but no real pound loss as of yet (then again, I've a VERY big person and have a lot to lose, so I guess it's normal that I haven't seen a lot of results just yet). It makes me thirsty so I'm drinking about 120-160oz of water each day and it flushes all the salt out of my body, and gives me a lot of energy with no jitters. At the same time, along with suppressing my appetite, it's also getting me into a routine of portion control and only eating when I'm actually hungry. I also find myself craving healthier foods instead of sugary and fattening stuff... like on Sunday, I was DYING for some pan-roasted asparagus with garlic and olive oil... so I went to the store and bought a bunch of asparagus and ate those bad boys like it was my last day on earth! So far I'm actually happy with what I've seen. I have energy I never had before and I actually want to get up and walk 1-2 miles every day (i know, not a lot but hey, i'm over 330lbs here). I don't sell this stuff so don't think I'm just here promoting it, but so far, out of all the diet products I've tried, this is the only one I've tried that's ever done exactly what it's supposed to do, and it's helping me change my unhealthy habits in the process.

*edited to say that yes, I'm also keeping a closer eye on my calorie intake and it's gone down anywhere between 400-800 calories on a daily basis from what I used to eat!
  • lijepa1979
    lijepa1979 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot one: bee pollen! I tried it and ended up being unable to sleep, my face went numb, and I had a ton of heart palpitations. I think I just prefer the eating less and exercise way of losing weight.
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    One of the dumbest diets I have ever been given was Rice cakes and dill pickles. All you want all day. that's it.

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    crazy!
  • seanyboycampbell
    seanyboycampbell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cigarettes, water and cocaine.

Works a treat until you lose your job, and your teeth.
  • escobar252
    escobar252 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    the herbal life it helps but the most important thing is get your sleep and execrise regularly cut sodas out all together and you will see the different and you willhave more energy
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    the herbal life it helps but the most important thing is get your sleep and execrise regularly cut sodas out all together and you will see the different and you willhave more energy

Wow, bumping a year old topic with a post which is completely contrary to what this post was about. I've lost count of the fail.
  • richo59
    richo59 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Any I have missed out on doing?
    Atkins
    New Atkins
    Body Sculpt
    Hip and Thigh Diet
    Lemon Detox Diet
    Kick start Diet
    Soup Diet
    12 week body transformation
    Weight Watchers
    Clothesline Diet
    Fat Forever Diet
    Fat Blaster Pills
    Celebrity Slim
    Optislim

And the list goes on.......

I am much happier doing 1200 calories and exercising. Who knew?
  • Emeryeon
    Emeryeon Posts: 61
    Options
    eating nothing but fruits would make me feel bloated and bubbly
  • Leighsters
    Leighsters Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Smoke meth.
  • dotcomee
    dotcomee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi! Do you recognize this tub of crap?
    That's me, three-and-a-half weeks ago! Since then, I've lost 155 pounds!
    Yes, you heard me right! I lost 155 pounds in less than three weeks!

How did I lose all that gross fat? By combining the miracle of technology with ordinary street junkies! Producing this: Jimmy Tango's Fat Busters!

It's this simple: wear my patented vibrating heat-bead suit, then jam an unbelievable amount of pure, raw crystal meth into your system! You might ask, "Isn't crystal meth illegal?" You bet! But my scientist, Dr. Cody, spends his days in a tin shed deep inside a small canyon outside San Bernadino, constantly altering the scientific formula of a bathtub crank that keeps us one step ahead the law, and keeps you one step ahead of the fat farm! Fatties, here's my promise: wear my vibrating heat beads, while blasting down handfuls of crrystal meth, and you'll drop weight so fast you'll lose your mind!

Any questions?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I remember my grandmother recommending I eat nothing but dried apricots and cottage cheese for two weeks when I was in grade school because that's how she lost 10 lbs, the one and only time she ever needed to lose weight after giving birth to my mother. I love my grandmother, she's 96 now and still very healthy but even then I knew that advice was batty.
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Back in the 80s when I was in my 20s, 2 co-workers and I went on the Rotation Diet.
    I lost 30 lbs in about a month and a half. I went from 175 to 145.
    I also lost my gall bladder soon after and was told it was from losing too fast and not eating enough fat.

I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember the diet fudge candy called Ayds? That's from the 70s.
    My mom tried it but I used to sneak and eat them because fudge. Crappy tasting but fudge. :laugh:
  • sdouglas0728
    sdouglas0728 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    There's a meal shake out there, atkins advantage I think it is called that isn't loaded with sugar- I bought some chocolate ones for mornings when I am super late or having a chocolate craving. There is some sort of supplement that people in my area are taking, I can't remember what it is called, but appartently it works by making you run to the toilet if you eat fats. My husband mentioned it to me, he said he was laughing at all the local people on Facebook talking about their bathroom habits for the world to see! TMI:blushing:
    As a diabetic who works 50+ hours a week (at a McDonald's of course) I'd be interested in that meal shake for at work! Googling it now.