Help? Exhausted from work

Options
Hi all,

I was doing well on here for a while, but I haven't had time to work out for about 2 weeks. I work 3 internships, have random side jobs on weekends, am studying for the LSATs, have somewhat of a social life occasionally, and have a boyfriend. Today, after being out and about since 9 am, I got home at 10:30 pm and was exhausted. I walk to work (it's a 12 minute walk) and back, I try to do some jumping jacks at work, I did some exercise ball stuff when I got back, but I'm SO EXHAUSTED and my usual workout buddy has been MIA recently. I've plateaued at 155 for a while now and I'm sick of it. I am also perpetually hungry and don't know how to ignore that for more than a couple of hours at a time without feeling lightheaded. I just don't feel like sacrificing food is worth it, I'd rather just work off the extra calories, but how? Anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    Options
    I'm impressed, there were like 10 excuses in that paragraph. I can only usually come up with five or six a day. :sad:

I've always looked at it like this: If you want to make it happen, you will. Just like if you want to do other things instead, you will.

And, when I do go to that workout instead of meeting my friends for a drink, I need more fuel, and I never go hungry. It's worked so far. I guess for me, it's which desires in life are more powerful and when that clicked in my head, the body followed.

Good luck with the end of your day. :smile:
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Try working out in the morning, maybe get up 30 minutes earlier and go for a walk, ever 5 minutes do 10 jumping jacks, 20 jump ropes or enough running in place to last a minute and then walk and repeat every 5 minutes for the 30 minutes. You will jump start your metabolism and burn more with the added burst of exercise.

Eat a bigger breakfast then you won't be so hungry the rest of the day, make sure you get the right ratio of 2 carbs to 1 protein.
    Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Eat smaller meals every 2-3 hours so you are not starving all the time. Keep fresh fruits and veggies for snacking, carrot sticks, celery sticks are great they don't have tons of calories but the will do the trick when you need something. I also buy the Luna Mini bars they are only 80 calories and are great to tide me over another hour.

I wish you all the best.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You are stressed and that's why you are "perpetually eating"! AND - no woder - you are one busy gal. One thing about exercises is once you do it - it feels great! Your endorphin high gives you more energy. Buy a DVD that is fun to do - or find something else. You need to get rid of that stress somehow! Hang in there - you can do it!
  • Petraluna123
    Petraluna123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Water, water, water! And fruit, yogurt, or cheese sticks. You are burning the candle at both ends. What you put in is what you'll get out, so eat quality foods, and for heaven sake, get your sleep. You will catch every contagion known to man if you are not careful, with all the running around you do. Fruit often has it's serving size built in, (apple, banana) and cheese sticks are easy to eat on the run. Just don't be unprepared or your sugar will crash, and you will be at the mercy of the danish in the vending machine.

I've often heard that "grazing" is the way to go, eating a bit here and there all day long instead of three meals. Sounds like that might work for you.

Get two 1 liter bottles of water at the store, and use them like hand weights as you walk to work, drink all day, then refill them at the drinking fountain before you walk home. Take the stairs...ew, I know. When my daughter was in the hospital, I used the stairs a lot. She was on the 4th floor, so even though I had to eat fast food for a week, I didn't gain any weight.

I'm out of ideas for now, but you've got me thinking!

Petra
  • tpelaez
    tpelaez Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, I appreciate your input and I picked up a few ideas.

In terms of habits: I drink my nalgene bottle twice over each day (don't know exactly how much water that is, but I know it's a lot), I always take the stairs, I always intend to get up in the morning to work out but I'm either too exhausted or it's far too hot (it was 100 degrees the other day, and I don't have an air conditioner). Actually, the heat is a major factor in my workout routine, It's always too hot to run, which is how I would ideally get to and from work and home.

I'm really not trying to make excuses, I'm trying to fix the fact that my day doesn't have at least 6 more hours in it.
  • tpelaez
    tpelaez Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh, and also, I don't drink, but I do end up at my friend's or boyfriend's apartments to crash on a couch at the end of the day more often than I'd like.