Replies

• momswanson
    momswanson Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump to show my husband!
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Updating because he successfully went through his excess skin surgery today (it impeded his movement significantly, wasn't a doggy vanity thing :P ) and the little tail sticking out in this pic just does me in!!!

330db0j.jpg

Go Obie! Go MFP!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Awww, adorable.
  • ThreesCompanee
    Options
    I remember this story when they covered it on the Today Show. Wasn't there a custody issue once Obie became "Famous"? The Shelter he came from wanted to take him back from the foster mom? Was this issue resolved? Can anyone clarify/update? Thanks!
  • BLady44
    BLady44 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    love it.. I have a dashound :) they are the cutest..
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Did Obie stand for Obese doggie? LOL
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    oh my god! how did that happen!
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I remember this story when they covered it on the Today Show. Wasn't there a custody issue once Obie became "Famous"? The Shelter he came from wanted to take him back from the foster mom? Was this issue resolved? Can anyone clarify/update? Thanks!

There was an issue! The rescue org tried to claim she was profiting from him and should be forced to give him back to the organization. However she disclosed her financials which clearly demonstrated all donations went to Obie's care. They did end up in legal action and the new owner won and was afforded sole ownership. In my opinion the rescue org never really had a real case, so it resolved relatively quickly.

I definitely think it was the best thing for Obie!
  • ThreesCompanee
    Options
    That's so great to hear! She obviously always had his best interest at heart. It seemed like a real slimeball move of the Shelter to try and get him back once he became famous. I think they wanted the donations to profit them. Not that donations to the shelter would be a bad thing, it just came off as if they cared more about their shelter than the health of Obie.
  • BlessedHeart
    BlessedHeart Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Awww...So glad that Obie now is a healthy poochkie!
  • Jeffb1984
    Jeffb1984 Posts: 4
    Options
    Your dog is so cute!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Awwww! What a transformation. I'm glad Obie is healthy.
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ha!

My dachshunds love carrots, too.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Well, ;ole everyone who reaches his weight loss goal, Obie looks mighty happy. poor thing, i'm glad he got his excess skin removed,that was disturbing.

it helps though not to over eat when you don't have opposable thumbs and someone only gives you x amount of kibble.
  • meadowslight79
    meadowslight79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Also, his treat now is carrots, which I think is so freaking cute.

That is actually what I give my labs for treats also... Everytime I try to peel me some carrots they are sitting right there waiting for theirs.

So other dogs like carrots, my dog thinks i always need to share my carrots even though I measured out my carrots to eat and my other cut veggies. :D
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    who's a good boy!?! who's a good boy!?!? who wants a belly rub!?!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    wow that was a huge dachshund! haha well congrats to the little guy!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I LOL'ed at Obie's "before" pic because it looks like he swallowed a watermelon! :laugh:

Glad he's on his way to fitness now! :smile:
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, I love doxies!!!

Good for him :happy:
  • karisul1
    karisul1 Posts: 50
    Options
    I follow them on Facebook! Love his story! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!